Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 button is stuck

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been recently having issues with my button not working. I set my exercise to swim today and started it, now its stuck in that mode. I believe I got this Versa 2 in 2019 after my Versa bit the dust. So it is out of warranty, unfortunately.  Is there a fix or reset for this problem?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @Jzpeace. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Versa 2's button. 

As a first step, I'd recommend restarting your watch. For instructions, see How do I restart my Fitbit device? 

If the button is still unresponsive, please try to remove dust or dirt by gently using a toothpick around the button. If this does not improve the button performance, you can try to clear debris using canned air, just hold the tracker at arm's length and spray once to loosen any dirt or dust that may have accumulated around the button. Then, please try restarting your Versa 2 once again.

Hope that helps.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there, @Jzpeace. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Versa 2's button. 

As a first step, I'd recommend restarting your watch. For instructions, see How do I restart my Fitbit device? 

If the button is still unresponsive, please try to remove dust or dirt by gently using a toothpick around the button. If this does not improve the button performance, you can try to clear debris using canned air, just hold the tracker at arm's length and spray once to loosen any dirt or dust that may have accumulated around the button. Then, please try restarting your Versa 2 once again.

Hope that helps.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried what you suggested and it won't turn off.. it is still stuck in swim mode.. so hopefully when the battery runs out, I can restart it. Otherwise, I am not sure what else to do.  Unfortunately, I can't afford a new one. I really love my Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jzpeace Thanks for trying the steps I suggested above. I understand where you're coming from. 

At this moment, I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

We hope your issue is solved soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes