Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 calculator

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought my begging daughter (10 yrs old) a Versa 2 as a 2 week early birthday present. Biggest mistake of my life. I let her wear it to school, and she had this math test. Apparently, she installed a calculator app on her Versa to cheat during math. So she was calculating every answer she could. She can't do it with fractions and stuff, but addition, subtraction, multipication, etc., she can. She got into trouble with her teacher and got two weeks of detention on two weekends when she was supposed to have soccer games, so now her team is down a player, but that's purely her fault. So, I know how to uninstall the calculator, but she's a tech whiz so she can easily redownload it by logging into a Fitbit account on any of her devices. I know one of the solutions would be to take away our primary fitbit device that we use to manage the Versa, but she can log in on her phone, computer, ipad, school computer, (Which I can't take away.) I can't take away the Versa, either, because that's her only form of communication. I have very specific and private reasons that I need her to use the Versa while she's out and about, so confiscating the Versa is not an option. What are your suggestions? Is there anything I can do, or is this just a really big situation?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@SunsetRunner   You say that she has access to her account from multiple sources.  That tells me that you set up an adult account and lied about your daughter's age in order to do it.  So you violated Fitbit's Terms and Conditions by doing it.  So don't be so shocked if your daughter cheats.  Take a look in the mirror and see where she might have learned it.

Sorry, but I am not buying your explanation that the device is the only way to communicate with her.  What did you do before she had a Fitbit?  Your daughter should have an Ace 2/3.  They get notifications just like the Versa 2.  If she thinks the band is too childish, you can put an Ace 2 in an Inspire band and an Ace 3 in an Inspire 2 band. Internet privacy laws exist to protect our children.  Your daughter should not have an adult Fitbit account for the same reason she can't have a Facebook account.  There is a reason why the Ace series exists.

As a parent and a grandparent, the solution is to do the right thing and use an age appropriate device.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

" I know one of the solutions would be to take away our primary fitbit device that we use to manage the Versa"

That makes it sound like you have her as a child in a family account, but in a family account, a child can have only an Ace series tracker.

Alternatively, she cannot have her own account if she is under 13.

So, is it set up like it is you, but you just let her wear it?  But if that is the case, it sounds like she has access to your fitbit account, implying you gave her your. account name and password.  If you didn't give her access to the account, she could not download apps.

So how is she able to be using the Versa 2?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner   You say that she has access to her account from multiple sources.  That tells me that you set up an adult account and lied about your daughter's age in order to do it.  So you violated Fitbit's Terms and Conditions by doing it.  So don't be so shocked if your daughter cheats.  Take a look in the mirror and see where she might have learned it.

Sorry, but I am not buying your explanation that the device is the only way to communicate with her.  What did you do before she had a Fitbit?  Your daughter should have an Ace 2/3.  They get notifications just like the Versa 2.  If she thinks the band is too childish, you can put an Ace 2 in an Inspire band and an Ace 3 in an Inspire 2 band. Internet privacy laws exist to protect our children.  Your daughter should not have an adult Fitbit account for the same reason she can't have a Facebook account.  There is a reason why the Ace series exists.

As a parent and a grandparent, the solution is to do the right thing and use an age appropriate device.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer