Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 declines calls without sending a notification

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have an Apple iPhone 8 Plus with latest iOS. About half the time, I get call notifications and it's fine. Then the other half of the time when I get a call, I get a buzz on my Versa 2 that says I've got a missed call. It seems to be declining the calls immediately as the phone rings or the call is coming in. It's not allowing me to get to the call on my phone or watch, just declines it and notifies me that I missed a call. This is beyond annoying with school starting back up, I need to get able to answer calls. Any ideas on a fix?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @LauraMVersa  just curious. I have Verizon and Android. When I get a spam call, the Alta HR will vibrate and then stop as Verizon recognizes it as such. Might this be the case with your missed calls?

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Hi, thanks for reply but it isn’t just for spam calls. It’s done it with people even in my contacts. It’s pretty annoying. It hung up when my kids school called me before my iPhone had a chance to ring. Luckily they called right back and it went through on that one. It’s only about half the time that it instantly declines the calls coming in.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try restarting the Fitbit and I'm notifying a moderator to stop by to assist on this.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LauraMVersa. Welcome to the Community Forums. @Odyssey13, thanks for your great help and the heads up!

@LauraMVersa, thanks for sharing detailed information about your Versa 2 behavior. This is odd as your watch should notify you for every incoming call. To further investigate, may I know since when this started to happen? Are your Versa 2 and the Fitbit app updated to the latest version?

Let's try setting up the notifications one more time:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and forget the Versa 2 from the list.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  3. Restart your watch.
  4. Open the Fitbit app and pull down on the screen to force a manual sync. Tap on pair when the Bluetooth pair authorization is prompted.
  5. Tap your profile picture > Versa 2 > Notification and choose the types of notifications you want to receive.

I'll look forward to your response.

Best Answer

Hi LizzyFitbit,

I appreciate your reply. This issue started with me within the last couple months. I do have version 70.8.0 of the app. I followed the steps and unfortunately, it did not fix the issue. I made two test calls to it from my work phone and the first worked but the second declined the call when the it was the first ring and shows up on my Fitbit as a "missed call". It does seem to occur when the phone and Versa are a few feet apart. Its not normally when they are close together but I could be wrong. I keep trying to figure a reason or a trend but hadn't been able. It's so weird.

The device itself is pretty new, I think I purchased in February.

Thanks so much for trying to help!

Edit: I realized that my AT&T account had a spam lock on my line. I have removed that. It may have been the problem. I have not been able to replicate the issue since removal. So I may be set. I'll update again if I have any future issues. Gotta wait for calls to come in now. 🙂 Thanks!

Best Answer

Hi @LauraMVersa. I hope you're doing well.

You're welcome and thanks to you for trying the suggestions from my post. You did a great job in noticing the spam lock on your AT&T account and now your Versa 2 is ready to receive all your notifications. I'm also sure that your post will help other members experiencing similar issues. You rock!

In case you have some spare time, I’d like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer