Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 freezing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I keep seeing a lot of users are struggling with this issue and don’t see any resolution aside from restarting it. My versa froze and I had to hold the side button multiple times to get it to finally reset. When it did reset, it still was frozen and would vibrate randomly and this has happened multiple times. It woke me up in the middle of the night vibrating and wouldn’t stop till I reset it a few times. This is getting quite annoying since it’s now interfering with my sleep, so what is the fix for this? Is FitBit working on a patch in the software or a permanent resolution because having to reset a watch every day because of this glitch isn’t acceptable. Especially when you’re wanting members to pay for premium when there’s a massive error occurring in the actual product. 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
48 REPLIES 48

I, too, am having problems with my watch either freezing up, won't turn on at all, or will turn on but not let me go to the other features. It has also vibrated when I had no notifications to receive nor time for reminder to complete steps within an hour. I got the watch in November 2019 and started having my issues a week or so ago, but it has been worse the past 3-4 days. Resetting watch, changing to Fitbit clock face, charging again hasn't solved my problems. Didn't Google purchase Fitbit around December or January?....that couldn't possibly have effect on the issues, could it, or have these issues been a problem before Google bought it?!? I really LOVE the watch...I had the HR watches prior to this Versa 2...and the features it provides because it has helped my health overall...so it'll be wonderful when these issues can be resolved.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Woke up this morning Versa not working. No problems previously only have it 9 months. 

Nothing happens when try and reset. Place in charging cradle and 0% flashes on screen even though is fully charged. Fitbit logo appears for a few seconds and then nothing.

Tried contact customer care no reply as off yet.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

try messenger on their facebook page

Best Answer
0 Votes

I actually start ed having problems in Mid March - worked fine up til then.

I've been a Fitbit user for 5 years.  Love the products and generally have found them to be quite responsive.

My watch face just  not showing anything so trying to reset didn't work because I couldn't see what was going on.  In all these postings I haven't seen anyone mention that specific problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the info. My watch has reset, but don't know if it is a
permanent fix.

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree I love my watch especially being able to swipe and have access to
additional features. I did not realize it was purchased by Google.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi!  Has there ever been a real fix for the Versa 2 freezing?  I can't slide to any of my menus in my watch.  When I try, the slide just freezes halfway over. I've done all the resets and still no luck. Thanks for any help! 

Best Answer

I'm still having these same issues throughout the day. Sometimes it will work just fine for a couple of hours then either not turn on or will freeze on the time screen. A new issue I have is the battery drained big time between 2 days ago and last night.... charge normally lasts 4-5 days...could possibly have drained because I was having to reboot the watch often through the day. I'm charging it now and in meantime saw on Fitbit app...under Apps... that I needed to update Fitbit settings , so I updated that and will see how today goes once charging is done and I out watch back on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2302    just found this article - don't know if will be helpful or not

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I also saw that article. I did do the update in the Fitbit app setting. Worked fine for about an hour or so, then froze again. I'm trying to get help via chat...I'm hearing-impaired and can't do phone calls...but the wait is long for a representative to chat with  Guess I'll try again later. Anybody comes up with something that works, would love to hear about it!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. Appreciate your help with this.
--

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you gotten the new one yet and does it have the same problem. I've been battling atrial flutter since Nov. My Ionic caught it, I thought it was faulty. So bought the Versa 2.

I'm back to wearing the Ionic to track my heart rate since the Versa 2 has turned to crap. 

Just verified I am on the latest firmware, I was hoping that was it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How many times did you have to factory reset ? 

Ahhh just saw the always on mode part. Guess I'll just charge before bed every night.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got mine working for the time being.  I did a factory reset and then on my phone cleared all the Fitbit app's data.  I'm sure it won't be permanent, but it's at least moving for tonight. Good luck! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will give it a try. Thanks.
--

Best Answer
0 Votes

Always on and factory reset working for now.

Battery's hanging pretty good

Best Answer

Didn’t work. Now have message “Data not cleared. Sync and try again. Unable to. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here starting the last couple of weeks.  Have tried a factory reset, and all the other attempts to no avail.  In the last couple of days, I've also noticed that the battery runs down every couple of days except the week like it did when I first got the watch (received as a Christmas present).  On occasion I can swipe the screen, but only on occasion.  The watch, to me anyway, appears to be locked up or a process is running that keeps the screen from reacting and runs the battery down.

I know there is new firmware on the way and was wondering if this issue (which, according to the forums, has been around for a long time) is being worked on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

keeping always on was the fix for me. Just got the update last night. Always on is off, has been for 8 hours. Looks like update worked.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree on the result on the firmware upgrade. Mine came in this morning
and since then no issues with swiping. The problem with the battery wearing
down will have to wait a few days.
Best Answer
0 Votes