Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 got water inside the sensor

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone,

Long story short my fitbit had a few cracks on the screen and unfortunately, I forgot to take it out of my shorts and it has been through the washing machine for a decent 30min. The watch it self still works, i can feel the vibration however the screen is completely damaged from the water leaking into the cracks and causing it not to show any display. I would love to know any places can fix my fitbit in Australia specifically. 

Thanks

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi there, @BigAndyhere. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for sharing the details about the issue with your Versa.

Note that we don't have repair centers in any country where Fitbit trackers are sold.

If your watch got wet, it’s important to take it off and dry it well before putting it back on. If your watch has come into contact with any liquid other than fresh water, you should clean it with fresh water and a soap-free cleanser (like Cetaphil) and dry it with a lint free-cloth. Be sure to follow our Wear and Care instructions to keep your device clean.

Even though it may be ok to shower with our water-resistant devices, not doing so reduces the potential for exposure to soaps, shampoos, and conditioners, which can cause long-term damage to your device and may cause skin irritation. We also don’t recommend wearing any of our devices in a hot tub or sauna.

Water resistance may diminish over time and can be negatively impacted by any of the following:

• Dropping the device.
  • Exposing the device to soaps, shampoos, conditioners, perfume, insect repellent, lotions, or sunscreen.
  • Exposing the device to high-velocity water (for example, during water sports).

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, 

Thanks for replying! but my Fitbit is bit too late now because the screen is showing no display after it has been completely dried. Is any other suggestion?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BigAndyhere Please try restarting your Versa 2 by following the steps provided here How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If the restart doesn't work, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

We hope your issue is solved soon. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the advice however after restarting the device still remains unchanged. Will need to contact the Fitbit team.

Thanks

Best Answer