Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 interferring with Laptop display

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anybody else experienced an interferrance of Versa 2 with using a Lenovo Laptop?
It ends in constantly shutting down the laptop's display while typing on the laptop's keyboard. Once I take off the Versa and put it away from the laptop, everything is fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hi @Sue_2020, it's great to see you in our Fitbit Community. Regarding the interference, we haven't received reports about interference of the Versa 2 or a Fitbit device when it's near a computer.

Please try a restart as described in this help article. If the interference continues after this, please avoid putting your Versa 2 near your computer in order to avoid any damage to the devices. Though the Fitbit device should not release interference with other electronic devices.

Keep me posted on the outcome.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Juan,

a restart of the Versa 2 hasn't had any effect on the interferences, but keeping the Versa 2 away from the computer ist not really a choice, as I have to do my work. Otherwise wearing respectivly not wearing the device is not what it is made for, does not make any sense, as it would not track anything I do througout my daily (business) life.
I had e.g. the fitbit alta HR beforehand and there weren't any problems. It is only since I wear the Versa 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If I read correctly. With the Versa 2 on the wrist. The display on the laptop blanks out as if the computer goes to sleep. 

Do you sync your Versa 2 through this laptop @Sue_2020 

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue wrote:

If I read correctly. With the Versa 2 on the wrist. The display on the laptop blanks out as if the computer goes to sleep. 

--> yes, correct
Do you sync your Versa 2 through this laptop @Sue_2020 

--> No, through my iPhone 12 only

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please note that I seem to have solved the issue: The Laptop display goes into sort of standby as it reacts to the magnet of the metal wrist band that I am wearing the fitbit with. So you can close this thread as solved.

Thanks

Best Answer

Did you ever manage to get this sorted? I bought a luxe and a replacement metal band recently but whenever I work on my laptop it shuts the laptop screen down every ten seconds so I have to take my fit bit off (defeats the point). 

Best Answer

Hello, please can you confirm what to do. I ordered a fit bit and replacement metal band recently (luxe) and it is constantly interfering with my laptop screen display to the point where I have to take my fit bit off to work on it and this completely defeats the point. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi sue, how did you resolve this? 

Best Answer

Hi, I finally understood, that my laptop activates its shutdown through a magnetic switch that clings whenever the laptop screen gets closed. As the wristband of my fitbit also has a magnetic closer, I could reproduce the shutdown of my laptop simply by keeping my wrist close to the laptop.
As a solution you either need a fitbit-wristband withou any magentic closer, or (that's what I did) use an external keyboard with your laptop.

Best Answer