Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 keeps dropping connection

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought a Versa 2 a few days ago. Right from the start, it kept dropping the bluetooth connection, occasionally connecting after many attempts over 20-30 minutes and then dropping within anything from a few seconds to a few minutes.

I tried all the following:

- Turning on 'All Day Sync', 'Always Connected' and 'Keep-Alive Widget'

- Restarting the phone (Samsung Galaxy J5), the watch and the Bluetooth

- Unpairing all paired deviced from the phone

- Reinstalling the Fitbit app

- Trying to use the Fitbit app on a Microsoft Surface laptop instead

- Holding the phone in the hand with the Fitbit on (i.e. very close)

- In the city and in the countryside, plus in different kinds of buildings

- Getting another new Versa 2 (all the same problems!!!)

As a result of these issues, the Alexa and Spotify apps are unusable, and the device rarely stays connected long enough to download a new app onto the watch, or to take advantage of things like water logging from the watch, comparing calories in with calories out etc.

The kinds of messages I am getting are "No Device Found" or "Make sure your phone's bluetooth is on..." or "Error connecting with Versa 2. Please make sure your Fitbit is nearby...".

Any ideas? I am going to write a product review next week and I am hoping to have something better to report!

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26

This is only since the last upgrade, i've had my device for a while now, started having issues after the upgrade/ update in December.

Best Answer

Happens to me also.

Installed the newest update today.

Nothing changed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

THINK I FOUND A FIX!!  My Versa 2 kept losing connection to blue tooth but I switched Wifi network but did not switch it on my Fitbit.  Go to WiFi settings and see if the connection is there. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It appears having the VPN turned on on my phone blocks Fitbit syncing. As soon as I pause the VPN on my phone - syncs straight away.

Is there a setup guide for Fitbits that makes them work in a cyber secure way with (necessary) security programs like NordVPN?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have exactly the same problem that means the Versa2 is useless to log exercise. I go out on my bike after 2k or so it just stops recording my route or exercise. Rubbish

Best Answer

Versa worked for few months getting messages then stopped price of crap won't waste money on it 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do u disable the 5G on your wifi? Mine runs on 2.4G and 5G also. My router is from xfinity (comcast), through my cable company. I have wondered if the reason might be because of the router running both 2.4G and 5G. But i am not sure how to change my router to only run on 2.4G. It might not even be a option for me, since my router is dual band and from xfinity through my cable tv company. I think i read somewhere while troubleshooting this issue that if people have a dual band 802.1 wifi that the versa 2 will not be able to connect to wifi. But i do get it to connect through the fitbit app. Even when it shows thats its connected on the fitbit app, the Alexa app always shows wifi is not on. Even when fitbit app shows it is. I have tried messing with this issue for over a week now. I am to the point that it doesn't really matter to me, because i am sick of trying to figure out a solution. I dont need to be on wifi that badly through my versa 2. I can always listen to music on my cell phone, or on my Alexa dots. It's just frustrating to have a brand new watch and not be able to use a feature that is basically one of the main selling points of the versa 2. I recently upgraded from the regular Versa to the Versa 2. Now i kind of regret it, because without the wifi connection, the Versa 2 isn't much different then the Versa that i had. 

Best Answer
0 Votes