Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 screen flashes

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Versa 2 is only 3 months old and I’ve noticed my screen flashing.  There is no pattern to when it flashes and when it does a white square appears.  I haven’t knocked it, I have not got a 3rd party face - what could be the problem? I have tried resetting the Fitbit without this helping? 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Covidqueen. I am sorry for the delayed response.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing that your Versa 2 screen flashes. Thank you for your troubleshooting efforts, I am glad to investigate this issue. I appreciate the additional details and would like to confirm the steps you tried to restart your watch: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

I also suggest changing to another Fitbit clock face: How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device?

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I have the same problem with mine. I bought it just under a year ago and it started coming up with a bright green screen that would flash/flicker and carry on for a few minutes. Tonight it just died (black screen, no buttons would turn it on) with a full battery. I put it in the charger and it came back on, but Versa 2 is a total lemon! I’m extremely disappointed. I chose this junk after having the Blaze which was great. So much expense for barely a year of crap watch. I also have a hard time getting Versa to sync to my iPhone 11.

I have had different clock faces (original at the moment) and it makes no difference to this firmware issue the Versa 2 has! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s good to see you in the community, @Shellz_AU.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue with your watch. I am sorry to hear about the frustration this situation has caused. I appreciate your efforts and recommend following our complete troubleshooting instructions including a restart in Why won't my Fitbit device sync? 

Hope this helps. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa is now totally DEAD! When I put it in the charger it does nothing but flashes that nasty green screen which is awful on the eyes. Out of the charge it’s dead and won’t do anything. 

Very expensive for 13 months worth of wear. At this rate I’m not forking out for another fitbit watch. 

Very disappointed cause I loved my Blaze, but when I just connected that to my iphone it came up with some about no more updates. So I guess that won’t be going for too much longer and certain features aren’t going to work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the update, @Shellz_AU.

I appreciate your efforts and the additional details. I understand how you are feeling and recommend trying our troubleshooting tips in Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging? If the issue persists, please get in touch with our Support team so they can evaluate your device's behavior and help you with this matter. Click here to get connected with them via chat or phone. 

Regarding your concern, the Fitbit app version 3.42 will be the last release for iOS 12 as for the new Fitbit app versions that include features and fixes, your phone must be running iOS 13 or higher. This is described in this help article and in this link.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem and cant get it fixed.. u feel cheated after buying such expensive product from a reputed brand ... and they say just throw it 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Vishalgandhi.

I am sorry that you are going through the same situation, I understand how you are feeling. I appreciate your efforts and would like to confirm if you've tried restarting your watch: How do I restart my Fitbit device? You can also connect your watch to the charging cable and re-pair it to your Fitbit account:

1. Open your Fitbit app, tap the Today tab, and tap your profile picture.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your device and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes