Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 screen flickering

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi. A couple of days ago the screen on my versa 2 started flickering, cannot see and info on the face as it’s totally distorted. I went online and followed advice to reset it which I have done many times. It’s ok for a short while then just keeps happening again. It’s just over two years old. Is my watch on its way out? I hope not as I can’t afford to replace it but I use it constantly, only taking it off for showering. 
some advice would be appreciated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Diannared 

I see you have tried restarting your Versa 2 but that hasn’t resolved the screen flickering issue. I’d try changing the clock face to see if that helps. You can do so by going through the Fitbit App. 

Look here to see how: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2311.htm. Preferably change it to the original clock face it came with or another clock face made by Fitbit.

I’m hopeful that a change in clock face works. To address your question about the lifespan of the Versa 2. I personally think that’s a tricky question because it comes down to wear and tear and how well it’s cared for. But according to the internet the average lifespan of the Versa 2 is about 18 months -2 years. But my Versa 2 is 3 years old next month so like I said it’s a tricky question. 

🤞😉Hopefully a clock face change will help. Please let me know

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply. I did what you suggested and changed the clock face and for about 2 minutes it worked but then it came back, worse if anything, the face is unreadable. It’s like when you couldn’t tune in a channel on an old fashioned television, that’s the only way I can describe it. I think I’ve resigned myself to the face that the screens gone and my Fitbit has died😢 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m so very sorry that changing the clock face didn’t help @Diannared 🥺 

Is your Versa 2 still collecting data and syncing to the Fitbit App regardless of what the screen is doing??  If it’s still syncing maybe trying something else may work. Fingers crossed 🤞 

If you want to try and set up your Versa 2 as a new device that might work. You won’t lose any of your data because it’s stored on the Fitbit servers. But you will lose any data you collected after your final successful sync. So please sync your Versa 2 before trying to set it up again as a new device. 

To set up your Versa 2 as a new device follow these steps closely: 

1. Remove the Versa 2 from the Bluetooth settings. (Tap forget device if on iOS or unpair if on Android) If your Versa 2 is not showing on your Bluetooth at all proceed to step 2
  2. Turn off other nearby Bluetooth connections.
  3. Check if the Fitbit App is updated
  4. Force quit the Fitbit app and reboot your phone.
  5. Restart your Versa 2: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186.htm
  6. Open the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture > Set Up a Device.
  7. Select the Versa 2 and follow the onscreen instructions. When asked if you want to replace the Versa 2 say yes.

I hope setting it up again as a new device somehow refreshes things. If this doesn’t fix the issue then I’m afraid I would have to agree with you on your Versa 2 and it may be on the way out. Please come back and let me know how it went

Best Answer
0 Votes