Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 screen lights up randomly - Push button only screen wake setting not being applied

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Even while night time mode is enabled and I am not wearing the watch it will randomly light up while sitting on my nightstand. My understanding is based on the screen wake settings I have enabled only a tap of the button on the side should wake the screen. I had fully charged the device before bed and took it off the charger, changed the screen wake and notification settings, then placed it on my nightstand. I noticed it light up a handful of times throughout out the night. By morning it was down to 89% charge. Hard to believe that it used 10% of the battery just sitting on the night stand and with night mode enabled. Yes, I have the latest firmware installed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

So I tested this while leaving off the BT radio on my phone and it seemed to totally resolve the issue. I am guessing that with my phone's BT connection it is somehow causing the watch to light up (probably just syncing data via BT). It possible this is just some minor compatibility issue with just my phone model's BT and the watch itself. My phone is a modest Samsung Galaxy J3 V (Verizon). 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Could it be that notifications are coming in. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for replying. 

At the moment, this really feels like a software bug so I am hoping someone at Fitbit sees this so it's addressed in an update later on. 

The main problem is that the screen wake setting is set to be dark unless the button on the side is pressed which is really a feature I want, however, the watch does not seem to be fully honoring the setting as it still appears to light up seemingly at random. 

I am fairly certain the notifications are supposed to be disabled when night mode is enabled and the display is supposed to stay dark unless the button on the side is pressed. Furthermore, the motion sensor should not be active as the device was just sitting on my nightstand, so it's not some errant tap of the screen or wave of the wrist, although the screen wake setting mentioned should prevent it from lighting up unless the button is pressed. 

I do think that I did leave the bluetooth on my phone on so it might have something to do with that. Maybe as you suggested it's reacting to some notification, or perhaps it's dropping and reconnecting to the phone's BT connection. I will test to see if I turn off either my phone's BT connection or put my phone on DND, to eliminate the connection or notifications as a possible cause. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I tested this while leaving off the BT radio on my phone and it seemed to totally resolve the issue. I am guessing that with my phone's BT connection it is somehow causing the watch to light up (probably just syncing data via BT). It possible this is just some minor compatibility issue with just my phone model's BT and the watch itself. My phone is a modest Samsung Galaxy J3 V (Verizon). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting.  I just purchased a new phone, the Samsung A14 and started having this issue.  I've had my versa linked to my iphone 7 since i purchased it a couple years ago and never had the issue.  For two weeks now i've been trying to figure out why my watch is vibrating and lighting randomly, did a factory reset, did everything I could think of and now I have to guess this is a Samsung/fitbit issue

Best Answer
0 Votes