Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 stopped working after a Factory Reset

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all,

My versa 2 started playing up after a swim yesterday (never had any water issues previously).  After trying lots of things, I did a factory reset.

Now Bluetooth won't connect to my versa (via the fitbit app). I have tried hard reset of my versa, turning my phone on and off, turning Bluetooth on and off, deleting and reinstalling the app and ha e cleared the cache (of the app) - have done l thus mutiple times.

When I look at the Bluetooth menu on my phone, it won't even pick up my versa.

Any suggestions welcome!

Thank you

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @Mav78. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa 2 before reaching out. 

I've seen you contacted our Support Team after posting here and they've already assisted you with this matter. If you still need help, please feel free to get in touch with our team again. 

Have a good day. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

HI @Mav78 - It would seem that it has got water in it, furthermore there is a bug in the factory reset which makes the watch useless.

If nothing comes on the screen when you start it it may be dead. If after leaving it a couple of days and pressing the button produces 0% it is almost certainly dead.

Be careful when trying to charge it as it may get hot and even explode if it is wet inside.

Have a look at this post for some options.

You can always contact Fitbit Support directly is via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & Support, Contact Customer Support to confirm it's state

If it is still under warranty, 1- 2 years depending on country law, and found faulty it may be better to take it to the shop for a new replacement, rather than accepting a refurbished replacement from Fitbit and dealing with sometimes drawn out return and shipping issues that may occur.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @Mav78. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa 2 before reaching out. 

I've seen you contacted our Support Team after posting here and they've already assisted you with this matter. If you still need help, please feel free to get in touch with our team again. 

Have a good day. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Yes, thank you! 

However I'm still experiencing troubles which relate to water. I'll vall fitbit tomorrow.

Best Answer
0 Votes