Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 stopped working after getting wet

I can't find a contact for nz customer support anywhere, none of the links work. My versa 4 has water damage but is supposedly waterproof to 50 metres. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there, @BridieB. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear that your Versa 2 has stopped working after getting wet. I understand where your concern is coming from. We're here to help you! 

If your Fitbit device got wet, it’s important to take it off and dry it well before putting it back on. If your watch has come into contact with any liquid other than fresh water, you should clean it with fresh water and a soap-free cleanser (like Cetaphil) and dry it with a lint free-cloth. Be sure to follow our Wear and Care instructions to keep your device clean.

Water resistance may diminish over time and can be negatively impacted by any of the following:

• Dropping the device.
  • Exposing the device to soaps, shampoos, conditioners, perfume, insect repellent, lotions, or sunscreen.
  • Exposing the device to high-velocity water (for example, during water sports).

Regarding your concern, please note most Fitbit devices are water-resistant to 50 meters. They're designed to be swimproof and stand up to even the sweatiest of workouts. See our user manuals for specifics as to whether your device is swimproof or splashproof. For more detailed information, see Can I swim or shower with my Fitbit device? 

I've seen you managed to get in contact with our Support Team via email. Please stay tuned to your inbox, someone will get back to you shortly. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes