Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 stopped working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Fitbit for about 6 months and three days ago it died, so I started charging it on my usual Fitbit charger. I leave it there for the night, properly plugged in, but when I wake up it has not charged and won’t turn on. Tried 3 other chargers and a couple other charging blocks but nothing is working. My sister’s Fitbit is charging well on the same charger. It is not synced to my phone and will not sync so I can’t change the clock face (I’ve tried) and I cant restart it because it has no power and the charger is preventing me from doing so while it is “charging”. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @mgnlmn, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided about your Versa 2's behavior and for taking the time to troubleshoot it prior to posting here.

As per the description of your post it seems that the battery on your watch may not be charging properly and therefore does not turn on. Thanks for letting me know that the charger is working fine as it did work with your sister's Fitbit. So, I recommend that you follow these steps (or please confirm that you've followed them as described below):

• Clean the charging contacts on the back of your device using the instructions in How do I clean my Fitbit device?
  • If the error "insufficient power source" appears on your device's screen, remove other devices plugged in to your power source, or plug your device in to another source.
  • Try a different USB port or a UL-certified wall charger.
  • Check the alignment and try reconnecting your device to the charging cable. For more information, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  • Restart your Fitbit once again. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If the above steps don't work, at this point I recommend doing a factory reset (before doing so, make sure to remove your watch from your Fitbit account): 

1. Hold the back button for about 8 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears:
    1. Release the button briefly (for less than 2 seconds). 
    2. Hold the button again until you feel a second, longer vibration, which indicates you initiated the factory reset. 

You can follow the steps to set up the device after that: How do I set up my Fitbit device?

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi there @mgnlmn, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided about your Versa 2's behavior and for taking the time to troubleshoot it prior to posting here.

As per the description of your post it seems that the battery on your watch may not be charging properly and therefore does not turn on. Thanks for letting me know that the charger is working fine as it did work with your sister's Fitbit. So, I recommend that you follow these steps (or please confirm that you've followed them as described below):

• Clean the charging contacts on the back of your device using the instructions in How do I clean my Fitbit device?
  • If the error "insufficient power source" appears on your device's screen, remove other devices plugged in to your power source, or plug your device in to another source.
  • Try a different USB port or a UL-certified wall charger.
  • Check the alignment and try reconnecting your device to the charging cable. For more information, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  • Restart your Fitbit once again. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If the above steps don't work, at this point I recommend doing a factory reset (before doing so, make sure to remove your watch from your Fitbit account): 

1. Hold the back button for about 8 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears:
    1. Release the button briefly (for less than 2 seconds). 
    2. Hold the button again until you feel a second, longer vibration, which indicates you initiated the factory reset. 

You can follow the steps to set up the device after that: How do I set up my Fitbit device?

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the exact same problem.

Best Answer

Likewise, steps above don't work for me either. Watch is 6 months old. About to launch a warranty claim. It's been dead for a month! Same troubleshooting as original poster to no avail.

Best Answer
The technology of the fitness watches is brilliant, but having it last for
more than 2 weeks is a LEMON!
Best Answer

There isn’t a button on the back? 
I can put my finger over the sensor? 

My versa 2 died yesterday, it’s 10months old. Not like battery dead, I had no notification of a low battery (I usually get an email), I just noticed it was black. 
I had it on charge all last night, woke up and it was still the same, I checked to see if I’d forgotten to plug it in but I had! I took it off, put it on again and for a moment it seemed to work charging, gave it 10 mins and back to black screen.  
Now when I press the side button sometimes a picture of the battery with an exclamation comes up.

Best Answer