Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 stopped working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought my Versa 2 less than 2 months ago. I could barely use it for 2 weeks, when it just went black. A week later I finally got an answer from customer service and had to factory reset my device, which seemed to work. Everything was fine until a few days ago, when one morning it just went black. It doesn't charge, only the Fitbit logo appeared and dissapeared for some time, until it finally went completely black. Even the led-light isn't blinking and it doesn't react to the button. I tried restarting and factory resetting, but nothing. It is impossible to get an answer from customer service aswell. I'm really frustrated.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

My Versa is doing exactly the same and is completely dead.  When I put it on the charger it comes back briefly then when it is on my wrist it dies again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @liisat, welcome to the Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear about your Versa 2's recent behavior. I appreciate your efforts to try fixing your watch prior to posting here.

I've seen you have been replying to your original case 2 days ago, so I'd suggest to wait until they reach out to you again, due to recent events affecting our operations, support options are limited and wait times are longer than usual what means it may take almost 7 business days to respond. I cannot create a new case for you as it will take longer, so I'd appreciate if you wait the next few days to receive a response from our team. Keep in mind that they will definitely continue working with you.

In the meantime, I'd suggest you to check if you've tried the following steps:

• Clean the charging contacts on the back of your device and the pins on your charging cable using the instructions in How do I clean my Fitbit device?
  • If the error "insufficient power source" appears on your device's screen, remove other devices plugged in to your power source, or plug your device in to another source.
  • Try a different USB port or a UL-certified wall charger.
  • Check the alignment and try reconnecting your device to the charging cable. For more information, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  • Restart your Fitbit once again. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If the above steps don't work, at this point I recommend doing a factory reset (before doing so, make sure to remove your watch from your Fitbit account): 

1. Hold the back button for about 8 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears:
    1. Release the button briefly (for less than 2 seconds). 
    2. Hold the button again until you feel a second, longer vibration, which indicates you initiated the factory reset. 

You can follow the steps to set up the device after that: How do I set up my Fitbit device?

Hi there @Sharonehewitt, welcome here. Thanks for the details provided in your post. I've see that you contacted our Support Team after posting here and they are helping you since. 

I'll be around if there's any further questions. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got my Versa 2 as a Christmas gift - 7 months ago. It was working great. I used it everyday for everything. This past week I noticed it not vibrating for all my calls or texts (iPhone) and the ones it would alert me to - the vibration was very weak. Then today, very suddenly, it stopped working. The screen went black. When I hit the button - nothing. If I depress and hold the buttom the quick setting comes up but I can't do anything from there. From the blank screen - where the time would be displayed, I can swipe to the left for the exercise, weather, music,etc. icons to dispaly but nothing happens when I tap any of them. It was at a 52% battery so that wasn't an issue. I am letting the battery run down and then wil recharge it - read that somewhere here. If that doesn't work - not sure what to do. I am very disappointed - I wanted this model for the size of the face and it can be used in the pool. It looks like this model may have some issues from all the posts. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am going through this issue as well. My screen went black a few days ago and nothing is happening now. I just live chatted and my warranty was up about a month ago and they will only give 25% off. I am not happy as this is my second Fitbit I have had and have had issues with both.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is my 3rd Fitbit - never had an issue until today. I was going to live chat but it said wait times are longer than normal. I can understand why you would be angry - especially if this is your 2nd one with issues. I hope they can figure this out. I would hate to change brands & spend more $$.

Best Answer

I have done all these things and it is still broke.  The screen is shot it will only come on once the battery is charged 100% but once the battery starts to loose life, which is quickly, the screen goes out.  I even replaced the charger thinking my charger was broke.  I did a factory reset and it is worse with the screen having a bunch of vertical lines on it.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same happened to me in the same time frame. Beginning to think versa 2 is a faulty device

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has completely died. No sign of life at all. Fully charged last night. Nothing

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry to hear your's hasn't come back. I let mine fully drain the battery
then charged it fully. It came back. Not sure how or why - just happy it
did. Fingers crossed it doesn't happen again.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm sorry you are having the same problem. I let mine fully drain the
battery and then fully charged it. It came back - not sure how or why - I
did nothing different. I hope it doesn't happen again. I love Fitbit & want
something for when I do laps. Hoping they figure it out soon. I did contact
Fitbit - wanted to have some record that this happened well before the
warranty expired - if it happens again.
Best Answer
0 Votes