Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 sync issue & ? resting heart rate stuck

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Any suggestions on how to fix a range of issues I've been having with my versa 2, connected to a Samsung s9+?

I've been experiencing an increasing number of issues. It started with frequent sync failure, where I have to force the fitbit app to stop. A few weeks ago, a while after these issues started it, it randomly shut down overnight (battery died) despite having been fully charged the previous day. And now I've had the same resting heart rate for a full week, not impossible but this has never happened before and also records the highest rate I've had to date.

I went for a jog the other night and it failed to connect to GPS which I hadn't realised until 2 miles in, it then failed to manually record the next jog (it did pick both up automatically, but no GPS data, despite waiting for confirmation that it was connected before setting off for the most recent run. After reinstalling the app I've had a few issues saying it was unable to locate the watch by bluetooth, but that seems to be fine now. Alexa will stop working every few days or so, usually related to the sync issue. I've rebooted the watch, tried turning heart monitoring off, sync, back on and sync but no change with resting heart rate.

Firmware version is 35.71.6.19, but admit i haven't yet checked what the latest version is.

I've only had it 8 months, from new, so I'm concerned about its longevity if I'm having issues already!  The only other thing I can think if trying is a factory reset, but I'm not convinced that the issue is with the watch itself.

Thank you for taking the time, if you've read this all the way through!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Twiggy_34.

Thank you for the information provided and for trying to resolve the issues you experienced before contacting us.

- To resolve syncing issues, we recommend following these troubleshooting steps

- Several factors can affect resting heart rate: stress, alcohol or caffeine intake, or fever usually raise resting heart rate, while regular exercise or meditation can lower it. Air temperature and certain medications can also affect resting heart rate. Our team has just released a new OS update for your Fitbit Versa 2 (4.2.1). If you haven't received the notification in the Fitbit app to update, it should show up soon. For instructions to update your watch, please visit this article.

- Please make sure to follow our guide to record GPS activities with your Fitbit watch.

- Please disconnect Alexa from your Versa 2 and set it up once again by following the instructions in this article.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes