Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 syncing issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My FitBit used to connect to my IPhone 6 with no problem. It worked beautifully. Then several months ago it decided not to connect to my phone anymore. I did a search and have tried everything that has been suggested:

turn off phone

turn off fitbit

remove fitbit app from phone, turn off phone and fitbit then back on and load app back on, turn on fitbit and try again

I don't know what else to do. This is my 2nd fitbit and really liked it until it quit linking with my phone. The strange part is that I still get messages and phone call notifications through the fitbit. Fitbit Versa 2 is a great fitness tracker. According to internet searches this issue has been around with fitbit since 2017, this should have been fixed by now. Please help.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @carolNC64, welcome to our Fitbit Community. I totally understand how you feel about the syncing issues that your Versa 2 has experienced with your phone. By the way, thank you for trying to get this issue resolved before contacting our forums.

I'd like you to try the troubleshooting steps that are listed in this help article. This article contains steps that you already tried but you can skip them and proceed with the rest.

Finally, monitor your watch during the next 24 hours and see if the issue gets fixed.

Keep me posted on the outcome.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your help but none of those steps helped. Those steps only help if you can log into the app. I can't log into the app at all. The "Oops, something went wrong" won't let me get into the Fitbit app. I can get into the Fitbit website with no issues and see my Versa 2. My phone sees theVersa with no problem. It connects with Bluetooth, I get calls and messages from my phone. It is just the app that doesn't work. I did find out something interesting though. I tried going to the Fitbit website from my phone and this message is what shows up:

Error 1006

Ray ID: 604509543da9f365

Access denied

The owner of this website (www.fitbit.com) has banned your IP address.

Why is it banned? This maxes sense as to why I can't access the app. Please help me fix this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally figured out my problem. The only way that I was finally able to log back into my Fitbit app was to go into my iPhone's settings, Safari and then "Clear History and Website Data". After that I no longer had issues. Hope this helps others.

Best Answer
0 Votes