Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 touchscreen not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the last week or so, I have noticed that I wasn't able to move between screens or scroll through stats on the front screen. After searching online, I saw I had to re-start the watch and that works. However, it is happening multiples times per day. It's 11 AM now and I have had to re-start 3 times already. Why is this happening? I had a blaze for 2 years prior to my Versa 2, which I've also had for almost 2 years now, and never had this problem before the last week or 2. 😑

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Hi @EricawithaC -  have you tried changing the clock face in case it is having problems. Also check whether the watch is syncing in the Fitbit App easily.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this with mine but every 4/6weeks. I report to fitbit and they tell me to restart. I restart and they say there is no issue. It's a joke. An obviously faulty watch which they have no intention on sorting. I won't be purchasing another fitbit

Best Answer

Starting having issues with mine about 2weeks ago as well.

Best Answer

😭 

Don't bother contacting them, they won't do anything. Each time this happens, I contact them, they say that because the face then works there is no issue and then to contact them when it happens again. I do this, they give me the same 'advice' and nothing. 
I asked to speak to a manager and the operative I spoke to didn't action my request. I ended up leaving the chat because of how frustrating and unhelpful they are. 
I won't be purchasing another Fitbit after this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dpartner  - there are often updates to the Fitbit App and sometimes it's necessary to restart the phone afterwards.

Also if the watch and phone have lost contact for any length of time it also happens. It might be a phone problem or configuration issue.

Best Answer

Thanks for this! I do check for updates and I am in challenges with my friends so I sync multiple times a day so I don't think it's that. 

I have the original watch face too and still have issues. 

It's not fit for purpose. 

Best Answer

@dpartner  -  what phone do you have? Some phones have peculiarities with certain versions of the Fitbit App or just have problems. It is rare that I have any syncing problem on Android S9+.

Often there are other simpler solutions which don't need a restart, such as turning off the Bluetooth for a few minutes, or logging out and back in to refresh the connection.

If you install the SimpleCheckUp app on the watch it will tell you next time when you last synced and if the watch can connect to the Fitbit App directly on the watch, so you will have more information as to what the cause is.

Best Answer

iPhone 11. 
Mine requires a restart as the screen goes black and doesn't respond. 

It's definitely a watch issue and not a syncing issue.

thanks for your help though.  

Best Answer

@dpartner  - thanks for the clarification. 

When the watch goes blank, does a double tap and swipe left wake up the display?

Presumably it is still syncing even if the display is blank?

When the display is blank and you put it on the charger does it display anything, immediately, or after a few minutes if you double tap it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

When it goes blank, nothing works. Double tapping, side button, swipe down from the top, nothing. 

Have to complete a restart for it to do anything. 

Best Answer

It won't recognise the charger when screen blank and when a restart is completed, the battery has drained to 20/30%

Best Answer

@dpartner  -  thank you for the interesting behaviour and thorough feedback which is really weird .

Next time it happens do try double tap AND immediate swipe to see launch icons.

Also try now changing to another clock face, remove the original one and reinstall it if you prefer that one. This is just in case the version installed is corrupted in some way which causes the issue to reappear sporadically.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I haven't changed the clock, but it's not having any problems syncing.
Best Answer