Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 unresponsive touchscreen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I am very said to say that my touch screen has stopped working. I got my Versa2 for christmas. I have tried the factory reset but must not do it correctly?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

@Nina71, it's great to see you in our Fitbit Community. I'm happy to assist you with your Fitbit Versa 2 since the touch screen stopped working. By the way, thank you for troubleshooting this issue before contacting our forums.

Please try a regular restart, as described in this help article. After this, try changing the clock face to one developed by Fitbit, not a third party clock face and see if the issue gets fixed.

Keep me posted on the outcome.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I had changed the clockface two days ago, also restarted multiple times. nothing worked.

last night i took the watch off and left it. I did another restart today, and its working! I hope it will stay this way. Thanks a lot for your help

Best Answer
0 Votes

I typed too early, After wearing the Versa for about 10 minutes the touch screen stopped working again . Nothing is working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem. Note: I am not using a third-party clock face. 

I've been perusing several threads. Many people are saying the problem started with the latest firmware update. This is a real problem and Fitbit needs to do something regarding their firmware bricking their watches.

Best Answer

I am having having same issue over the last week. The digital screen also looks as though it is faulty sometimes and not others. 

I charged it last night and since midday it has been constantly turning on and off, I now have it on charge as I've just synced it and its saying 0% charge.

Best Answer

@JuanJoFitbit sorry to say my touch screen will not work no matter how often i restart. 

Best Answer

I also got my Versa 2 for Xmas and last month it stopped working: touchscreen unresponsive and keeps freezing. 

Fitbit have sent me 3 replacements in the last 2 weeks and every single one is the same; they don’t work for anything longer than 10 minutes.

4 Versa 2s in the space of 3 months and none are working! 

I am also using a Fitbit clock face 

Best Answer

Interesting that it stopped shortly after you took it out of the cradle.  Is the screen blank or does it show the time?  If it is still showing the time but is unresponsive to swipes, I'd like to ask you about how you are wearing the watch.  Do you wear the watch band tight on you wrist?  What size band are you using and is your wrist size at the limit, either upper or lower of the band that you have on the watch? Finally, if you don't put the watch on your wrist after you charge, does the screen remain responsive to touch after say 1 hour?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for getting back to me! Did not happen when I took it out of the
cradle - was just agreeing that I also had a problem swiping.In the past 3
months, would sometimes be difficult for me to end a workout. The push
buttons on screen wouldn't work. Then yesterday, I noticed that the whole
face was black and wouldn't come on. Checked battery on app. It still had
67% of life so went on-line looking for assistance with both problems. Last
night, phone face came back on but I still can't swipe up, down or to the
left. It's still calculating correctly steps, etc. I have a small wrist and
bands are never too small for me. I wear the current band 3 openings from
the top, and it is comfortable on my wrist. Definitely not too tight.
Screen remains unresponsive to touch after charging, and once in awhile
still get a totally black screen. Thank you for any assistance you can
provide in correcting these issues.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, I had the same problem with screen buttons.  I wear my watch to sleep and use the alarm to wake only me with vibration.  Alarm worked fine but I couldn't shut it off with the screen button.  

The rest of your description is consistent with my theory.   I noted that a lot of women were having the problem with an unresponsive touch screen.   I believe the problem is caused by mechanically stressing the watch face crystal.  Because women have smaller wrist, the stress from the watch band is nearly perpendicular to the watch face which causes it to bend ever so slightly.  Note that I'm a male and I had the same problem though not because my wrist is small but because I wear the band tight. My problems with the watch began when I replaced the fitbit waterproof band with a more elastic silicone band.  Because the band was somewhat elastic, I tended to wear it a bit tighter.

After I got frustrated I quit wearing the watch.  I just put it in the charger for a couple of day.  The next time I looked at it, all the touch screen functions had returned and, and persisted even when removed from the charger.  Now I have disconnected from my phone so it is possible that the malfunction could be caused by a memory leak but I am a mechanical engineer and I see problems like this in sensitive ICs all the time.  

How the fix the problem?  For me it was switching to either an original fitbit waterproof band or a metal band that my son found.  Because of your smaller wrists, you will have to be especially careful not to have the band too tight.  An inelastic, or a clasp band may work.  But before you invest in another band, make sure you touch-screen functions are restored.  It may take a couple of days for the glass in the watch face to relax back to normal. Hope this helps.

Best Answer

🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this same problem.  I have tried to restart multiple times, change the clock face, and leave it on the charger for a few days. Nothing seems to correct the issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Jules,

So what did you do in the end....get a refund. Very disappointed with the
quality/reliability of FitBits as this is our 2nd one and both have died
just over 12 months old. !
J

--
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ended up calling Fitbit and got a replacement sent to me for no cost.  Hopefully this one will last longer.  Not sure about quality.  This is my third type of Fitbit watch and each one had different issues.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi sorry I’m rubbish for logging into this!

they are sending me yet another (currently waiting on it) if it still doesn’t work I’m asking for a full refund. 

I will be looking for a better, more reliable tracker 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes