Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 won't charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since buying my Versa 2 I've had endless problems. Support ran troubleshooting with me and confirmed it was faulty (swipe didn't work) but said my warranty was void as I bought it brand new from ebay. Ebay won't help, and the seller ignores me. So now I'm stuck with a Fitbit that won't even charge. I bought a second charger but the watch won't charge  - any ideas ? Or is it time for the bin.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

The warranty from Fitbit is clear that it only covers the original purchaser that was bought from an authorized reseller/sales channel. Pretty much the same language as in most warranties from any vendor.

"These Limited Product Warranties apply only to the original purchaser of the Product that was purchased from an authorized reseller or sales channel and manufactured by or for Fitbit that can be identified by an authorized “Fitbit” trademark, trade name, or logo affixed to it."

Was it broken when you got it? That is on the original seller, so eBay should be able to remediate unless it was purchased "as is". If you bought using PayPal they can step in as well. You can also file an "Item not as described" complaint with eBay.

If it worked when you got it and it failed later, that is a sticky wicket. If it was the latest firmware that broke it then you could discuss that with Fitbit support and they may be able to offer at least a discount on a new product. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply; unfortunately I'm in the sticky wicket situation. 

I can't say for sure what caused it to fail completely but it stopped charging and a new charger made no difference. 

Best Answer
0 Votes