Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 won’t keep a charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So the first time I charged the device right out of the box, it stayed charged for 3 days. Every time since that it’s been dying super fast. There is no option to turn auto sync off and I’ve read that the Fitbit versa 2 is supposed to stay charged for 6 days?!?! And mind you the first time I charged it it only lasted 3 days and I had not even hooked my phone up to it yet so I wasn’t receiving notifications or anything yet

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Happening on mine too. Today full charge this morning lasted until noon 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Get it replaced.

Seems like this is quite a common issue. following the recent updates.

Its probably best to inform Fitbit Support directly. They may be able to help you.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @amhawkins and @Raybees, welcome to the Community Forums. @Guy_, it's good to see you around.

@amhawkins and @Raybees, thanks for bringing this to our attention, and I'm sorry for the experience that you're having with your watches. As you may know, the Versa 2 should last up to 6 days however, as any other electronic device, the battery life will depend on how frequent certain features are used. If your watch is continuously tracking GPS or SpO2 data, using Spotify control music, Always-On Display or an animated clock face, you may have to charge your watch more often. This doesn't mean that you shouldn't use them, it's just for you to take those conditions into consideration.

That being said, I'd suggest you to fully charge your watch with the charging cable that came in the box and check the suggestions to maximize the battery life described here. If by any chance the battery is still draining after following the tips, please get in touch with our Support team via phone or chat as @Guy_ mentioned, so you can receive further assistance about this matter.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought my Versa 2 almost a year ago and it has worked perfectly.  Suddenly this week it has been losing it's charge in less than a day.  I charged my Versa overnight Tuesday night then Wednesday evening (around 9:00 p.m.) it shut off because the charge was so low.  Recharged it Wednesday evening for a couple of hours (up to 99%) and 10:00 a.m. today is was down to 37%. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@IrishLass73 

Its most likely a bug in the IOS Fitbit App and not the watch per se.

Have a look at these posts it may apply.

Best Answer

Thanks.  I was just thinking it was probably an issue with the App.  I had charged my watch to 96% this morning.  Took a 40 minute walk and when I returned home it was at 65%.  Trying the suggested fixes now.

Best Answer

Welcome @IrishLass73. It's good to see you and @Guy_ around the forums.

@IrishLass73 Thanks for the details provided and for your efforts while working on this situation. As @Guy_ mentioned, Fitbit is aware of the battery short life issues experienced when syncing with iOS devices and they're currently working to bring a solution to all our affected members. Please keep an eye to this thread for more updates about this matter.

Have a good day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am experiencing the same issue. Disappointed as it is not that old. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My whole family and all my friends use fitbit. I recommended many of my friends. Now, I have a fitbit versa2 and its 2 years old. It has been good and started battery issue since about couple of months now. The battery doesn't even hold for half a day. I called the support and they say that its out of warranty and cannot do anything. They indirectly say to throw the device away and buy a new one. They offer some discount but I don't like the solution to the problem. They literally saying to buy a new one which I should spend money again even if they are giving discount. This does not seem to be the solution to the problem. Either they should repair it or replace it if they cannot repair it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tamij  @DealGeek

Did you read the earlier posts in this thread its most likely not a watch problem.

In the meantime have a look at these posts it may help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Tamij and @DealGeek. Welcome on board. @Guy_ It's good to see you again.

@Tamij Thanks for joining this thread, I'm sorry you're having this issue with your Versa 2. As it was mentioned before, currently our team is working on the battery short life issue experienced when syncing with an iOS device. If this applies to you, I'd suggest keeping an eye on this thread so you can receive more updates about this matter. Please know our team is receiving every feedback shared in the forums.

@DealGeek I understand where you're coming from about this situation. Let me explain that our Support team will evaluate your options based on the conditions described in the Warranty Policy. I'm sorry for this inconvenience and because you already have a case created, my best recommendation is to reply back to their email so they can provide you with more details about their resolution.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes