Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 won’t turn on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Versa 2 that I bought for my mom randomly turned off and won’t turn back on. She left it charging for several days, and we tried to restart it by holding down the 3 buttons. I even contacted the support team for help and all they told me was that I have to buy a new one- they were also quite rude with me. How can I resolve this issue? There is no damage or anything to the watch, I’m just not understanding why it won’t turn back on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @dlebaugh@snorkey, and @Elliekennard, welcome to the Community Forums. Please note that our main purpose is to avoid negative experiences to our customers, we're always willing to help and provide troubleshooting steps. 

Hi @dlebaugh, thanks for sharing what worked for you. Note that not all Versa smartwatches are restarted the same way. For specific instructions on how to restart the Versa you own, see: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If you all are still having difficulties with the screen of your Versa smartwatches after the restart, please make sure to try the following steps: 

Hope this helps, let me know how it goes. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @Mo96, due to the recent events, I apologize for the delayed response. However, it's great to see you in our Fitbit forums.

I'm sorry to hear that your mother's Versa 2 won't turn on or take a charge. I'm also sorry to hear that it's no longer under warranty. The warranty period is good for 365 days starting from the date of first setup.

I totally understand how you feel about this and we appreciate your feedback and comments since this helps us to keep improving.

I'll be around if any question arises.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

HI there, 

Mine was doing the same thing. The instructions say to reset it holding the back button only for 10 seconds, that didn't work for me so I held the bottom button and the back button down for 10 seconds and it started back up.  Now it is charging. Try just the bottom button and the back (larger button on the other side) and hold it down for 10 or so seconds and see if that works. I hope it does!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is strange. I have a Versa 2. There is only 1 button. 

Best Answer

Just read your advice, it worked   The question remains WHY didnt the fitbit person recommend the same, could it be they dont want you to know?  Once again I will NOT be purchasing a new fitbit at any time soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Many times online help guides are not updated as products are updated and they very well may be using old information provided to them. I'm just glad mine is working and so is yours!!  

Best Answer

Hello @dlebaugh@snorkey, and @Elliekennard, welcome to the Community Forums. Please note that our main purpose is to avoid negative experiences to our customers, we're always willing to help and provide troubleshooting steps. 

Hi @dlebaugh, thanks for sharing what worked for you. Note that not all Versa smartwatches are restarted the same way. For specific instructions on how to restart the Versa you own, see: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If you all are still having difficulties with the screen of your Versa smartwatches after the restart, please make sure to try the following steps: 

Hope this helps, let me know how it goes. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes