Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 won't vibrate when receiving notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

To be clear, i turn off all do not disturb mode on my phone and my fitbit,do the factory reset and do the test call notifications. Versa 2 received it but no vibrating. Is this hardware related problem? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi there @ntm2301, thanks for stopping by in the Community Forums. Also, thanks for taking the time to check that your phone was not in silent mode/DND to prevent your Versa 2 from vibrate. Nice way to go! 

Have you checked if your Versa 2 does vibrate with silent alarms? Your Fitbit device vibrates to alert you at various times, including if you set an alarm, when you hit your step goal, or if you haven’t met your hourly activity goal. Have you see if the vibration is also missing for this features?

If your device didn't alert you, make sure you successfully set an alarm. For more information, see How do I manage alarms on my Fitbit device?

If you correctly set the alarm or aren’t receiving other alerts, test your device’s vibration motor. Connect the device to the charging cable. For more information, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?

As you may already know, when you turn on the Do Not Disturb, Quiet hours, or Driving mode setting on your phone Fitbit Versa 2 receives notifications, but your device won’t alert you. Swipe down to see your notifications.

If paired to an Android phone, your Fitbit watch or tracker can alert you to notifications at any time:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the account icon > your device image > Notifications
  2. In the Vibration Settings section, turn on the Always Vibrate option.

Give this a go and let me know the outcome, I'll be around. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your prompt answer. 

Yes, I set an alarm everyday and only recently i got up late that I notice that it is due to the silent alarm not ringing.

Is there a way to troubleshoot this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @ntm2301, you're welcome. I appreciate you had followed the tips and recommendations provided above. Since this sounds a bit more serious, I've created a support case on your behalf - you should soon receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums. Note that we may take a bit long to get back to you since due to recent events affecting our operations, support options are limited and wait times are longer than usual. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought the Versa 2 for my bf and I tried to do the settings but still nothing for his texts and messenger messages.  How can I fix this for the Versa 2??

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem have tried everything but in notifications I don’t have an option for Vibration Settings I  am using Versa 2 

Best Answer

All of a sudden I am not receiving vibration notices either. Used to get reminders to move, notices that I reached by daily step goal, etc. do not disturb is off. Would love some assistance. Thanks. 

Best Answer