Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 Slowly Failing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got the versa 3 as a gift in April 2021, and it enhanced my life tremendously. Over the past 6 months, there have been a few minor issues, and more frequent reboots/ restarts necessary. The past 2 weeks, I lost battery, and some functionality hasn't returned despite troubleshooting.

I think a nearly 3 year lifecycle isn't bad, and I'm happy to get a new one. What is the best fitbit to get? Does the sense 2 make sense? Will it have the same longevity? I'd be happy to get a Google Pixel Watch, but I don't think the battery life is there yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @jabal - a Versa 3 has features the the Versa 4 or Sense 2 don't have and the Pixel watch will need charging daily.

If you are thinking of buying something do good research as the competition has improved considerably and 14 days battery life is available with more features.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had mine 3 years in Christmas and yesterday it stopped syncing. Now it won't sync to my phone, but it does to my iPad. I only have a red and green ligh

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Gaynellerg - your watch may be ok, there are numerous issues with the new V4 Fitbit App on the phone (you may have the older version on your iPad, don't allow it to install a later version).

Having two Fitbit Apps running on 2 devices can add to the syncing issues, turn off Bluetooth on the one you are not using as that may help.

Also restarting the watch and phone can help temporarily.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes