Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 black screen and won't respond

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Versa 3 went black with more than 50% charge on the battery. No haptic button response. Holding button does nothing. Will not charge (pins and connectors are clean). 

Fitbit's help response has been to declare my device defective, and to offer me a 35% off discount code for a new product because my versa 3 is no longer under warranty. I bought this device 1.5 years ago, and I have taken good care of it. I expect that, for what my versa 3 cost, it would last longer.

I am extremely disappointed that Fitbit's answer is for me to spend hundreds of dollars on another potentially defective piece of hardware. Fitbit's products have lost my trust.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I hadn't had mine a full year and it did the same thing. "Luckily" it's still under their warranty, but I purchased the additional warranty because this is my third Fitbit model and NONE of them lasted a year. I mailed it off on 4/13 and only hear from Fitbit when I initiate contact. As of 4/28 they were expecting to receive it on 4/29. It takes 16 days to go from SC to California. To date they haven't confirmed they received it. I've already "upgraded" to a Galaxy Watch 4. If I ever get the Versa 3 back, I'll sell it and let it be someone else's headache. This is my last Fitbit product.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Hi there, @JonathanBuck. Welcome to the Community Forums. We‘re taking your comments and sentiments in regards to our products and services into consideration.

Thanks for your question about why we offered a discount towards a new Fitbit product instead of a replacement of your existing Fitbit product. Our limited warranty provides repair or replacement of products that have a defect while still in the warranty period. Your device is out of the warranty period, and therefore is not eligible for repair or replacement, but we want to offer you a discount to thank you for your loyalty to Fitbit.

For more information about our warranty, see fitbit.com/legal/returns-and-warranty.

Please feel free to reach out to our Support Team once again if you have any further questions or concerns regarding the outcome of your case. Since you have reported this matter to our Support Team, please note there's nothing left we here in the community can suggest other than reaching out to our team again. 

Thanks for your understanding. Have a good day!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh, I fully understand it's out of warranty for replacement. The fact that it can't even be repaired is a pathetic joke. 

I also already indicated that I was offered a discount instead of return or repair. I have acknowledged the offer, and I will not use the 35% off discount code because, I repeat, Fitbit has lost my trust.

These products cost too mich money to brick themselves out of nowhere less than two years after purchase.

Best Answer

@JonathanBuck We hope you understand that as much as we want to cater every requests of our customers, we also need to follow Fitbit’s policy.

We thank you for your understanding and we apologize for the experience you had regarding this matter.

Let us know if you have additional questions.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hadn't had mine a full year and it did the same thing. "Luckily" it's still under their warranty, but I purchased the additional warranty because this is my third Fitbit model and NONE of them lasted a year. I mailed it off on 4/13 and only hear from Fitbit when I initiate contact. As of 4/28 they were expecting to receive it on 4/29. It takes 16 days to go from SC to California. To date they haven't confirmed they received it. I've already "upgraded" to a Galaxy Watch 4. If I ever get the Versa 3 back, I'll sell it and let it be someone else's headache. This is my last Fitbit product.

Best Answer

16 months old and Mine has gone fluorescent red. Once in a while. I can see the display but mostly it’s a red circle and a step tracker. So done spending on Fitbit. Was offered the same discount to buy another **ahem**. researching garmin now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm thinking Fossil. I can buy any normal watch for the same or more, and it will last forever if I take care of it. Done with built-in obsolescence. Done with companies that won't even repair their own faulty products or even let the owner try and repair them.
Best Answer

I have had my Versa 3 for about a year and a half and now it won’t charge. Contacted FITBIT and they were initially very nice and sent me a 35% discount code for a new watch. Fair enough I thought. However, can’t use the code if the watch is on sale. Which of course they are. So I contacted FITBIT again and the Chat agent said they would escalate to see if they could do anything else. I had requested perhaps a smaller discount code that would work, free extended warranty, something that would help me; to use their words, “We want to keep you in the Fitbit family and working toward your goals. Please accept a discount toward the purchase of a new device on fitbit.com”.

About two hours later got the same email and same type code again. So I thought maybe there was a mistake, so I contacted them again. This time got even less and in the end, the chat agent actually hung up on me. Never found out if it was elevated or not.

I was fully prepared to buy another fit bit, but based on this I think I will be looking at options. Still might buy a Fitbit if I find it is the best value. But had they done something to “keep me in the family” I would not have even looked.

Really sad when customer service scuttles what otherwise could have been a good consumer experience.

Best Answer

Exact same problem here. 
Had a Versa 2, had an issue with it within 6 months. They replaced the pebble because it was 6 months. The second one had a similiar failure after 6 more months. They offered me another pebble or a discount on an upgrade. Went for the upgrade on the Versa 3. This one lasted a little more than a year and I got the black screen of death. (Still syncs to

my phone?!). They tried to resolve the issue over the phone, nadda. Told the warranty department would be in contact with me….

35% discount if I buy another defective product….thanks but no thanks. I have given them nearly 500$ in 3 1/2 years. I time to see how an Apple Watch feels. Way to stand behind your product guys….

Best Answer

Is there a fitbit brand watch that will last longer than 9 months? 

Best Answer

Same issue here had mine maybe a year. Who has $300 to stay healthy right now ????? Very disappointed!!!

Best Answer

LOL. What a big joke!

Best Answer
Nope! Go to Garmin! I love it! So much better!!!

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer

What# did you call to start a warranty claim?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Got an Apple. Fitbit will never have any of my business again!
Best Answer