Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 button is not always responding

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The "button" to wake the screen is very finicky and doesn't always work, and in trying multiple times I always end up with the long press shortcut opening when I just want to see the time.

Then there is the notifications bar which opens too easily and then swiping to close apps always takes multiple tries 😑

Is there some secret to operating this that I am just not understanding?? 😔

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33

Any resolution on this (non functioning button and quick discharge of battery), this has recently started for me.

Best Answer
It is intermittent. I have to make sure I'm pushing in the exact spot.
Sometimes trying a couple of times.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I never had a problem at all with my side sensor ‘button’ until recently, and now, same as you, the side button doesn’t work at all and my battery is discharging in about 48 hours when it used to last approx 6 days.

Best Answer
0 Votes

And me. I never had a problem with the button before, but now it doesn’t work at all and battery discharging quickly 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm sorry to hear that. Mine is working now... hopefully for a long time
Best Answer
0 Votes
The only way I can access the features on my watch now is to tap the screen to wake it up….. I’ve been in touch with Fitbit who went through all trouble shooting with me and they’ve offered me 35% off a new one, which still makes a new watch expensive. They should last more than 27 months. Mine literally stopped working overnight !
So frustrating.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe their is oil on the sensor.. Try cleaning with isopropyl alcohol 

Have you tried a restart or shutdown? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

any luck on this?  I am having the same issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, the only way I can access the watch is by tapping the screen. My watch is only 27 months old. Fitbit says it’s out of warranty and offered me 35% off a new one. Surely they should last longer than just over 2 years!!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried everything, even a factory reset. Obviously the sensor on the button is no longer working,

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
My watch has been working without issue for a while.
Best Answer
0 Votes
How did you get yours to work again ?

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
After I first got it, I was able to find the right spot and it has worked
ever since.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the description that worked for me. You have to get your skin into the depression or it won't register. So push a bit harder to make sure you get into the indent. The other pinching tips etc didn't work for me. Thanks for the help.

Until I saw this message I wanted to toss my new watch off a roof and I've only had it two days. Worst design ever and the instructions don't help. One video or drawing could sort this out for so many annoyed people

Best Answer
0 Votes