Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 doesn't resume exercise automatically

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

New to Fitbit versa 3 when I stop it stops but I resume it doesn’t start auto help please 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @Tracey-lily, welcome to the Community Forums. 

Please note that if you stop moving during a run—such as at a traffic light—exercise tracking pauses automatically while you’re still (known as auto-pause). Your device vibrates to indicate that activity tracking is paused.

Resume your run, and your device vibrates again when exercise tracking restarts. If your device doesn’t detect activity for 10 consecutive minutes, a message appears on your screen asking if you want to end the exercise. Note that Versa series devices also pause a bike ride automatically.

To turn auto-pause on/off, please:

1. On your device, open the Exercise app > Run.
  2. Swipe up to open the exercise settings.
  3. In the Auto-pause section, tap the switch to turn on the setting.
  4. Swipe down to return to the exercise screen, then tap the play icon to start the workout.

For more information, see How do I track my workouts with my Fitbit device? 

Let me know if you have any questions present. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there @Tracey-lily, welcome to the Community Forums. 

Please note that if you stop moving during a run—such as at a traffic light—exercise tracking pauses automatically while you’re still (known as auto-pause). Your device vibrates to indicate that activity tracking is paused.

Resume your run, and your device vibrates again when exercise tracking restarts. If your device doesn’t detect activity for 10 consecutive minutes, a message appears on your screen asking if you want to end the exercise. Note that Versa series devices also pause a bike ride automatically.

To turn auto-pause on/off, please:

1. On your device, open the Exercise app > Run.
  2. Swipe up to open the exercise settings.
  3. In the Auto-pause section, tap the switch to turn on the setting.
  4. Swipe down to return to the exercise screen, then tap the play icon to start the workout.

For more information, see How do I track my workouts with my Fitbit device? 

Let me know if you have any questions present. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

The question wasn’t answered. The auto resume isn’t working for me either. When I stop on a run or bike and resume it doesn’t restart throughout the rest of the activity. 

Best Answer
0 Votes