Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 erratic sleep tracking

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I wish I could attach a screenshot, but for over a week my Versa 3 is reporting really inaccurate sleep times. For example, it slows that last night I fell asleep at 11:30 and woke up at 12:47 and didn't fall back asleep until 4:53. I'm 100% positive that if I was awake from 12:47 until 4:53, I'd be aware of it. Every day last week it had me at between 2.5-3 hours per night. December 12th it recorded 7 hours and 40 minutes of sleep and the days before that were wonky again, one of them shows 1 hour and 31 minutes and that night before shows 1 hour and 11 minutes. 

I've cleaned the contacts, I've powered the watch off and back on, I've changed where I wear it on my wrist and how loose/tight it sits. Also tried placing it so that the back of the watch is on the bottom of my wrist. 

Any help would be MUCH appreciated!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

Hi @EDawg79  you need to post a few times on the forums before you can put in images. You could always upload it to a photo hosting site and put the link in your post. https://imgur.com/upload 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Gotcha, thank you @Odyssey13 !

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @EDawg79. Thank you for letting us know about the steps you have followed in order to correct your Versa 3 sleep records and for adding your screenshot. 

I´ve seen the same behavior on my sleep records some nights. Do you have the Sensitive feature active? What I do when this happens on random nights is that I edit my sleep and correct the time. You can check: How do I track my sleep with my Fitbit device?

Does your Fitbit track your sleep like this every night? How long has this happened?

Thank you for your assistance and for the heads up @Odyssey13.

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer

Thank you, Andrea!

I'm not sure about the sensitivity! Don't think I've seen that option before. I don't have an option for it under Activity and Wellness > Sleep.

The week of November 21-27 seems to be the last week of normal recordings and since then it's throwing in a lot of 1:15-1:30 total sleep nights with some 3+ and 4+ hour nights mixed in. I did a factory reset of the watch last night and it shows that I slept from 10:40 PM until 3:47 AM, then was awake until 5:54 AM and slept until 7:30 AM but I'm 100% sure that I wasn't awake for 2+ hours around 4 AM. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, thanks again! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AndreaFitbit Sorry, forgot to tag you 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us @EDawg79 and for your explanation. 

You can find sensitive mode on the online dashboard.

Since you've already applied a factory reset to your Versa 3 the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will do, thank you very much @AndreaFitbit !

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're very welcome @EDawg79.

Don't forget to mention all the steps you have followed in order to avoid repetitive instructions,

Have a great day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AndreaFitbit Will do, thank you! Man, could have sworn I had looked everywhere and thought that the Versa 3 didn't have the sleep sensitivity setting available. I see it now, think I should try changing it to sensitive and see how it goes first or just contact support? Thanks again! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us @EDawg79

Versa 3 does have sleep sensitivity. 😀 Give it a try and see how it goes.

Have a nice day!

Best Answer

Thank you @AndreaFitbit ! You have a good one too! I'll report back my findings in a couple of days 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us and thank you for letting me know that you'll report your findings in a couple of days @EDawg79.

Happy holidays! 

Best Answer

Very welcome @AndreaFitbit ! The past few nights look to be regular readings after changing the sleep sensing to sensitive! Not sure why the issue popped up all of a sudden but it doesn't matter to me, all that matters is it's working again hehe. Thank you so much, and happy New Year! 

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to us @EDawg79!

Really? I'm glad to hear that you're getting regular readings on your Versa 3 after changing your Sleep sensitivity. 😁

You're very welcome, happy New Year to you too! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @AndreaFitbit !  Sorry for the bother but it looks like it's gonna back to being erratic again. 

This part makes it seem like I only got a couple of hours of sleep...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ed3rx7Ga_cZKGMX6jEbLQEqm_vdpXrxC/view?usp=drivesdk

This part shows that I fell asleep at 9:22 PM last night but I was out for New Year's until about 1:30 and I know that I woke up at 2:30 and 3:30 this morning. It seems like it's not adding the sleep from 9:30 last night to what it says I got in the AM too. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1En6SiKHs1luZp-MX8lER57fsKrgMhhiB/view?usp=drivesdk

Any ideas or should I get in touch with support? Happy New Year!

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to us and Happy New Year @EDawg79. I appreciate your screenshots.

Since you already followed advised troubleshooting steps. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Best Answer

Will do, thank you SO much @AndreaFitbit !!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You´re very welcome @EDawg79. Please let me know how it goes.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Best Answer