Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 is tracking too many floors

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa 3 has worked fine for months until now. Floor count is wildly inaccurate and has been for the past two weeks. When it tells me I have done in excess of 100 floors on a day when I did seventeen I know something is wrong. I update when required. I do not expect 100% accuracy. Is there a fix or is it faulty. What do I do next. Thank you for reading this

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @Telford1757. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Versa 3. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

As a first approach, I'd like to reinforce that your Fitbit devices may give you credit for extra floors for a variety of reasons. Devices may track floors while doing everyday tasks such as opening doors, driving, or riding elevators or escalators, or from abrupt weather and atmospheric pressure changes. Exposure to excess moisture can also result in extra floors. For more information, see: Why does my Fitbit device count extra floors? You can also find more information about tracking activity in this help article: How does my Fitbit device calculate my daily activity?

If you want to remove floors from your account, please follow these steps.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Hi there, @Telford1757. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Versa 3. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

As a first approach, I'd like to reinforce that your Fitbit devices may give you credit for extra floors for a variety of reasons. Devices may track floors while doing everyday tasks such as opening doors, driving, or riding elevators or escalators, or from abrupt weather and atmospheric pressure changes. Exposure to excess moisture can also result in extra floors. For more information, see: Why does my Fitbit device count extra floors? You can also find more information about tracking activity in this help article: How does my Fitbit device calculate my daily activity?

If you want to remove floors from your account, please follow these steps.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply. You mention possible reasons for the Fitbit Versa 3  adding extra floors to my account, you do not mention that the device could be faulty, which I believe is the case. The notion that I might want to remove the floor count option from the account is not something I would consider. It doesn't work and it should. It did work perfectly for months and now it doesn't. It's still under warranty. What do you suggest next

Thank you

Malcolm Smith

Best Answer

@Telford1757 I understand where you're coming.

Thanks for letting us know about this issue. We’re aware of it, but may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future. We'll continue to monitor the situation, and keep our team informed of the impact to you and other customers. We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but rest assured we're always working to improve our products.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Have a good day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit has been doing the exact same thing! Contacted customer support, what a joke. Since my versa 3 is less than 1 year old, they offered a “complimentary replacement “ though it may be gently worn! The other option was a 50% off with so many restrictions I would need to downgrade. I have been a Fitbit user since 2012. I am now going by way of Apple. Thanks for letting me rant

Best Answer

Hello, @Pottery. Welcome to the Community Forums. We‘re taking your comments and sentiments in regards to our products and services into consideration.

Please feel free to reach out to our Support Team once again if you have any further questions or concerns regarding the outcome of your case. Since you have reported this matter to our Support Team, please note there's nothing left we here in the community can suggest other than reaching out to our team again. 

Thanks for your understanding, have a good day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

YEP...Mine is doing the same...wildy over what I do. Example - this morning I came downstairs. Made the coffee. Sat on couch reading. Went upstairs and back down - more reading. RIght now my fitbit logs me as doing 4 flights of stairs but really only 1. 

This is a new issue. Seems to me that taking that stat off is NOT what we need. I have updates, rebooted...same problem.

Best Answer

I think the floors is a joke & useless! I live in a single story house on a concrete slab, I walked indoors due to weather & did not leave my house and Fitbit showed 41 floors for the day!

As I said, useless.

Best Answer

There is a lot more that Fitbit can do! First off, customer support team is a complete joke. I finally asked to speak to a supervisor, explained all the the tweets going back and forth. I finally asked to speak to a manager, “No, they do NOT talk to customers” The response’s I received were all canned. Offered me a 50% off coupon or a complimentary replacement but the replacement could have been gently worn hmmm. Ok 50% off, I could use that if I wanted to downgrade because it was not valid on new models. Hmm….So my only conclusion is Fitbit is purposely giving downloads that adversely affect our watches. Why???.? Fitbit Versa 4 is coming out. I have been a Fitbit user since 2012. Hmmm, customer loyalty or the bottom dollar more important? Can’t have a bottom dollar if Fitbit cannot have good customer support! My Fitbit loyalty will most likely be ending. Please pass this on to more than a Supervisor….well, if customer support will allow you to!  Oh, what is that saying? Take care of the customer because for everyone you don’t………

Best Answer

I have the same issue after the last update, device only a few months old, it’s a joke just to say remove the feature!! Fitbit need to sort this out or provide full refunds to customers 

Best Answer

I totally agree! Versa 3 has been discontinued. Received my “complimentary “ replacement but without serial number or warranty information. My versa 3 is less than a year old. Needless to say, I have no warranty on my “complimentary “ versa 3. Apple is looking better and better

Best Answer

Thank you for your recent communication in connection with my Fitbit giving spurious floor readings. Your comment “We’re aware of this issue, but may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future” is surely one for the boardroom to address. I find it hard to believe that a company with your excellent pedigree can dismiss the issue with what appears utter disregard for its customers. It doesn’t work and it should. That was my initial reaction. I remain of the same mind. This saga must be very damaging to the Brand. Are you still selling something with what some may consider an inherent fault? Much as I like the Versa 3 this has knocked my confidence. I was hoping a product recall might be the way forward. I am now going to complain to my retailer in the hope I may receive a refund. No point in having a replacement, even if one were to be offered, since the likelihood of a repeat failure is highly likely, on the balance of probability, in my view. My final comment: How can such a fine company, with a flawless reputation allow itself to be in this position. Only the businesses can answer this question. I wish you well in the future. Thank you for reading this

Best Answer