Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was very excited to get my Versa 3, but...

Text messages don't show - can't read or answer them.

Calls occasionally (rarely) show on the screen, and when they do I can't answer them from the Versa 3.

Screen doesn't light up even if I snap my wrist sharply - have to either have a battery-consuming "always on" face or push the button to see the time, so I can't see the time without using 2 hands.

Speaking of the button - it's hard to find the right place to press. 

Email doesn't show up.

Can't get Alexa to work; the microphone on the Versa 3 doesn't work.

SpO2 only records if you wear the watch to bed - doesn't show real-time Sp02. Why display last night's reading all day long? And you need a specific screen to show Sp02?! Poor design.

I haven't even tried to load a payment option on it since everything else barely/sporadically works at best.

It must be synced with my phone since a call notification occasionally comes through, but so far it's a **ahem**. I will try to contact Fitbit for advice.

So it's pretty much non-functional for most of the advertised capabilities. Very disappointing. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33

I bought my Versa 3 about a week ago and I am taking it back tomorrow.  It worked fine but I could never get my gmail or txts.  I tried all of the hints that I read about and nothing worked.  Then I tried to re- pair the iPhone and versa 3 and it got even worse.  I spend 1 hour on the phone with 2 different customer service reps and nothing worked.  I am finished with Versa 3.  I had a charger 2 for a couple of years and no issues there.

Best Answer

I share your frustration & I plan on returning mine as well.  I love it when it's connected but it's VERY quirky.  Right now it says it's connected to Bluetooth but I am not receiving any messages.  I have NO idea why they insist on having two Bluetooth connections (one for Versa 3 & one for Versa Controls - strange).  Very frustrating!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just returned it to Target and got an Apple watch. HOping for better
results particularly since I have an iphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you know how we organise a refund?

This is my second one as well and honestly I've never had such a poorly made piece of tech. It's all but false advertising the way I see it - because literally 0 of the features listed consistently work.

I've tried to speak with them over chat but because some of the "trouble shooting" disconnected me, and then I had to reconnect it has said I've had too many chats and to wait for some time. 

Any suggestions? I purchased on Amazon.

Best Answer
If it has been less than 30 days from your purchase, you may request a
return with Amazon. There are definitely connection problems Google tech
is NOT addressing. Very frustrating. My Versa 3 doesn't seem to have a
problem "syncing" when it's connected to my wifi - BUT I do NOT want it
connected to my wifi - I want it connected to my Bluetooth!! Grrrrr... &
then there's the "Versa Controls" that seem to connect whenever they feel
like it. I know a consistent connection IS possible as my Garmin Vivosmart
4 NEVER lost a Bluetooth connection. Let's get going Google & get this
problem resolved!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to return 2 of the Versa 3s...neither worked. Total ripoff. Fitbit
should have known (and cared) enough to keep from putting such a piece of
**** on the market.
Best Answer

Mine is just over a year old and has completely died. I was charging it and it was lasting about 8 hours. Charged it last week and it won’t turn on at all now. I can’t find my receipt from Amazon so assume I am stuffed. I was offered a technical call but judging by other reviews on here that would probably result in a frustrating conversation of turn this and that off. If anyone finds out how to get a refund I would like to here it

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had mine since they first came out and it has only started acting up in the last month.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was SO disappointed. I'm returning mine to Walmart. Will likely never buy a stupid 'smart' watch again. Fitbit has completely turned me off of their **ahem** devices.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You guys need to get out of the market if you think this is a good device. Majorly disappointed. I decided on the FitBit because they sell them on Google's Store and I have a Pixel 4a phone from Google! It keeps losing BT connection. Texts only came through when I turned off calls. Spotify is advertised but can't download tracks!? BT headphones won't connect! Can't see my Google Mini speakers! What's the point of a Smartwatch with music if I still need my phone with me? **ahem** product that I will be returning! You have managed to completely spit me on ANY BRAND of 'smart' watch. Dumbest products ever.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This product is just crap

Best Answer

I wish I'd read this thread before buying the Versa 3 last week!  Why do I need Sportify Premium or Premium Deezer to listen to music?  Why not Amazon?  Either way, I can't connect Deezer as I just get an error.  Support team are looking into it as it's a known error, apparently.  What's with the side button?

Can anyone suggest an alternative decent watch? I've only had this for a week, will probably return it this week.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree. This product seems like it's a prototype instead of a product sold to customers. It was expensive! I thought I was getting a quality product!

The touch screen is awful! Sometimes doesn't work at all!

Honestly,  fit bit should buy these back.

Why release a product with so many issues?

First and last fit bit product for me!

Best Answer

My dad’s will not track his steps most days. We have tried everything. I figure it is because he doesn’t walk like a young man anymore but if that is why, for what he spent on this device, it is sad. He is ready to throw it in a drawer and quit. He just wanted a device that did what it promised to do, including syncing to his phone which it didn’t. I’m over it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes