Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 not receiving text notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated to a new Samsung S21 Ultra and Versa 3, now I have everything syncing with the exception of texts. This is one of the reasons that I purchased the Versa 3. I have checked all of the setups and bluetooth setups, deleted the app and reinstalled, shut down the Versa 3 and restarted nothing seems to work. Does anyone else with the S21 Ultra have this issue?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@mmrt We're sorry for the hard time you had while reaching our Support Team, due to recent events affecting our operations, support options are limited and wait times are longer than usual.

Regarding the message you're getting on your watch, I'd suggest trying the following:

• Check if by any chance your phone's Bluetooth shows the Versa 3 as a connected device. If so, please unpair/remove it.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off the Bluetooth.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth.
  • Setup your Versa 3 again.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Versa 3.

If you can't get started with your Versa 3, usually a missing requirement is the cause. Carefully review the requirements provided in the help article Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? 

To set up Fitbit Aria Air, Fitbit Charge 4, Fitbit Sense, Fitbit Versa 2, or Fitbit Versa 3, you must use a compatible iPhone, iPad, or Android phone. 

If none of the steps seems to work, please stay tuned to your inbox. Someone from our Support Team will reach out to you soon. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

Hi, I have the same issue, although my Versa 3 is under a week old (so arrived updated) it will not send What's App messages, but I can receive Texts. Really would like to sort this, like you I have tried all the obvious tweaks but no luck x

Updated: I meant receive Whats App (not send)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @mmrt, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa 3 before reaching out. I understand where you're coming from.

I've seen you got in touch with our Support Team after posting here and they already addressed your issue. If you need further assistance, feel free to contact us back by chat or phone.

Hey @Woddy1313, welcome on board. Thanks for the steps you've done so far to solve the issue. 

I recommend you to check How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? to verify that all the necessary requirements to receive notifications on your Versa 3 are correctly configured. After verifying this, please try the troubleshooting provided here Why are notifications delayed or missing?

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did speak to someone on the phone but, he told me that someone else would contact me for my issue and no one has. That is why I posted my comments here.

Update: Did those steps help you get yours up and running properly?

I have also noticed that when I am in my bluetooth screen and hit pared device Versa 3 it tells me that an app is needed to use this device? I do have the fitbit app installed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mmrt We're sorry for the hard time you had while reaching our Support Team, due to recent events affecting our operations, support options are limited and wait times are longer than usual.

Regarding the message you're getting on your watch, I'd suggest trying the following:

• Check if by any chance your phone's Bluetooth shows the Versa 3 as a connected device. If so, please unpair/remove it.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off the Bluetooth.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth.
  • Setup your Versa 3 again.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Versa 3.

If you can't get started with your Versa 3, usually a missing requirement is the cause. Carefully review the requirements provided in the help article Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? 

To set up Fitbit Aria Air, Fitbit Charge 4, Fitbit Sense, Fitbit Versa 2, or Fitbit Versa 3, you must use a compatible iPhone, iPad, or Android phone. 

If none of the steps seems to work, please stay tuned to your inbox. Someone from our Support Team will reach out to you soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally got it working. Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mmrt Awesome! 😊

I would like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue support was also no help...... I've done all of the above mine has been out since 2/13 

Best Answer
0 Votes
s
Best Answer
0 Votes
I've followed all the advice, have uninstalled and reinstalled done Versa 3 four times and also the Fitbit App. Still not working! I've given up
--
Sent from myMail for Android
Best Answer
I ended up going into the settings on my watch, scrolling all the way down and did the shut down. Then I started the watch back up and went into my fitbit app on the phone. Clicked my picture and went into notifications and it was there that I found a new screen that I hadn't seen before and I found that I needed to click for text notifications. I got out and went back into notifications and that screen was gone.
weird.
Try to do what Marrefitbit told me to do and see if you can find that extra screen.
Hopefully that will help.
Good luck
Best Answer

Hi there @Blahriver and @Woddy1313, thanks for following the tips and recommendations I've provided here.

At this moment, I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected. I'd suggest to share this community link (thread) so our Support Team can be aware of the steps you've done, this way you could also avoid repeating yourself one more time.

@Blahriver I've seen your chat got disconnected, feel free to reach out to us again by the channels provided above. 

We hope your issue is solved soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My aunt had this issue, do not disturb was on. Going to settings > Quiet modes and turning off do not disturb fixed it for her

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good Evening, 

I’m trying to set up my wife’s Samsung 10e to her versa 3. About a few weeks ago, she stopped getting notifications to her watch. For example if she gets a text, it goes to the watch but doesn’t do any sort of notification to the watch like vibrate or make a sound, nothing happens. We’ve trouble shooted what seems to be every option and nothing has worked. Please help us

Best Answer

I figured mine out. Go to your notification settings -> messages > allow previews while locked. I initially had mine set to never and it didn’t work until I switched it. 

Best Answer