Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 won't charge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

The battery is totally empty. I have it attached to the charger. It is not showing me progress, and when I firmly hold it to the charger it sometimes shows me a battery logo at 0% for 2 seconds. It has been on the charger (directly on a 2A USB charger) for 24+ hours now.

What could be wrong here?

Jeroen

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Have you checked if the small (brass) connectors on your watch are clean?

It looks like your watch only starts charging when you firmly press it, which may be caused by a faulty connector or a dirty watch connection...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Have you checked if the small (brass) connectors on your watch are clean?

It looks like your watch only starts charging when you firmly press it, which may be caused by a faulty connector or a dirty watch connection...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any suggestions as to with what to clean these?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Jeroen1971, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for sharing the details about the issue with your Versa 3.

As @chielmi has recommended, check if the pins on the device or charging cable are dirty. For more information on how to do so, see Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging?

Let me know how it goes. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Cleaning worked - thanks. I wiped it before, but did a more thorough job this time 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jeroen1971 Awesome! I'm glad to hear that your Versa 3 is back on track. 🙂

I'd like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the exact same issue and now mine won’t even give me a charging screen and the screen is completely black, but the button still buzzes when I press it. Sometimes it gives me a Fitbit logo and then goes black again but it has been charging for 4 hours or so with no progress. It has NEVER charged properly straight out of the box. 

Best Answer

Hi there, @Khow430. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

Before considering other options, please check if the pins on the device or charging cable are dirty. For more information on how to do so, see Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging?

If the above doesn't work, as our last resort, I suggest performing a factory reset on your Versa 3. 

1. Don’t plug the Fitbit device into the charging cable. 
  2. Press and hold the button for about 8 seconds until the screen turns off. 
  3. After the screen turns off, you’ll feel a short vibration:
    1. When you feel the vibration, release the button and immediately press and hold the button again.
    2. Wait until the blue logo appears, then disappears:
      1. Immediately release the button and then immediately press and hold it .again, until you feel a vibration.
      2. After you feel the vibration, release the button. 
        • This vibration indicates you started the factory reset. 
        • After the Fitbit logo appears, the Fitbit device shows the image with the phone icon and setup indicator. Now you can set up you Fitbit device. To do so, see How do I set up my Fitbit device? 

Take into consideration that a factory reset deletes any stored data, which includes all data that hasn't synced to your Fitbit account, your applications, alarms, etc. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am now also having these exact same issues - have had my Versa 3 less than a year!! This is very disappointing - anyone able to help?? I've tried all the cleaning and plugging/unplugging as suggested.

Thanks~

Best Answer

HI @ChurchGirl68  -  often reasons for not charging are dirt in the 4 contact holes on the watch or a faulty charge cable, see How to check charge cable - Sense/Versa 3 won't charge, won't start or blank screen 

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Hi there, @ChurchGirl68. Welcome to the Community Forums. I appreciate you had followed the tips and recommendations provided above.

At this moment, I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

We hope your issue is solved soon. 

Best Answer