Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 not recording pool length correctly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am having some trouble with my Versa 3 accurately tracking and recording my swimming. 

Every time before I swim I set the pool length as 20m on the watch. I always double check that it is set as 20m before I start the activity. However, whenever it synchs to the app, the lengths are recorded as 25m. This means that all the stats are incorrect (such as time per 100m and total distance swum). 

Can anyone suggest how I could either change the recorded length in the app after it has (incorrectly) synched or alternatively make sure that it synchs with the correct pool length??

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Hi there @CamillaSalmon, welcome to the Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear that your pool lengths tracked on your Versa 3 are not syncing correctly. I understand where your concern is coming from, I'll be glad to help you. 

If you haven't done so yet, I'd recommend taking a look at this help article: How do I track my swims with my Fitbit device? 

Inconsistencies in your swim data may be caused by any of the following:

• You completed only a few laps
  • You stopped to rest multiple times or in the middle of the pool
  • You stopped to rest for longer than 60 seconds after completing a pool length
  • You changed your stroke type midway through a length
  • You swam with a kickboard or without using your arms
  • You swam less than the minimum duration needed for your swim to be automatically recognized

If the issue persists, I'd recommend restarting your Versa 3 by following these steps: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

Let me know how it goes. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MarreFitbit. Thank you for your reply. However, it does not really help me solve the particular issue I am facing! I hope you can maybe give me some more insight. 

I am swimming between 60 and 100 lengths, which takes at least 30-45 mins, and if I am going to take any breaks I pause the activity.  Therefore, I cannot imagine why any of the reasons for inconsistencies outlined above would be the cause of the problem. I have restarted my Versa 3 and it did not help resolve the problem. 

I have no problem with getting my Versa 3 to track my swims. And my Versa is recording the correct number of lengths swum. My issue relates to the length of the pool. I know how to set the pool length on the watch. I do this every time before I start a swimming activity - I set the pool length to 20m. However, when I complete the activity and then synch it to the app, it shows the pool length as being 25m. 

So my issue relates specifically to how to ensure that the length reflected in the app once the activity is completed is the length I chose before I started the workout (ie. 20m not 25m). 

Any information on how to ensure that the length selected is the length reflected in the app would be appreciated. 

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m also having this problem and I think it must be a glitch with the Versa 3. I’m trying to change my pool length to 33m every time and, like you say, it doesn’t seem to stick when recording the swim as afterwards it shows stats for a 25m pool swim.

I’ve been correcting my distance in the app afterwards so that it matches up with the actual distance I swam but it is a pain. Seems hardly worth using the Fitbit for swimming until this gets fixed.

Best Answer

Hi @emmaprew ! Thanks so much for your reply - I am relieved I am not the only person facing this problem!

Can you tell me how you change the distance in the app? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No worries. You selected the swim in Exercise and then click the three dots in the top right and Edit Exercise Detail to be able to change the distance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ah great thanks I'll see if that works for me - in the past I think it has only given me the option to delete the activity rather than edit it! But hopefully I can figure it out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

With versa 2 you set the laps once and it stays. With the Versa 3, I swim in a 50 metre pool always, and every time I set it at poolside it still records 25 metres. I forget later to edit because I have other things happening in my life. Today it recorded a swim and gave me a map, no laps, no metres. Aaagghhh 

Best Answer
0 Votes

An update came up for my versa 3 a few weeks ago and that seems to have fixed the issue now.

Best Answer

I have the same problem. I have set the length to 50 m but it gives me stats for a 25 m pool. Hence it thinks I have swam twice as far. Clicking the 3 dots in the top right only gives me the option of deleting. There is no option to edit exercise detail.

Best Answer

I’m now having the same issue. It was fine when the pool was actually 25m but since lockdown measures ended at my centre and the pool has gone back to 50m, for every 50m length I do it calculates 2 lengths but then multiplies that by 50m because that’s what the pool length is set at in my watch. In other words it will correctly tell me I’ve done 25 lengths but somehow counts it as 50 and multiplies that by 50 to tell me I’ve swum a distance of 2,500 not 1,250. I swim for 45 minutes straight. No stops. Only one type of stroke etc plus I manually start the tracker as it never auto detects. Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I have this exact same issue. Has anyone found a solution to this? I swim in a 50m pool and set that distance on my watch. However, when I swim, it double counts my laps for some reason and so, I end up swimming 3000m in 1h. For a min I was super happy when I first saw it thinking I've somehow improved drastically lol. Hope someone can help!

Best Answer

I just had this same problem yesterday. I set my watch for a 50-meter pool, and it doubled my total lengths and swim distance.

Best Answer
0 Votes