Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 stopped working after getting wet

I’ve tried the help chat and they say only wait and speak to Australian rep - they’ll email me? Is that standard?

The watch is advertised as being water resistant yet it clearly isn’t, isn’t that false advertising?

im worried as it’s out of warranty but I engaged in an activity fit bit says it’s able to do. 
see varying responses on these forums about the help received, quite confusing. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @sansreilly - unfortunately if the watch is no longer under warranty there is nothing Fitbit will do. However if you bought it in Australia their warranty is better than America where it is only one year.

Chat with them again to get a definitive activation date in case it is still under warranty which may be 2 or more years, and if bought locally discuss with the supplier. The waterproofing on these watches often isn't good, several of the ones I bought also failed due to water getting in..

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @sansreilly. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Versa 3. We‘re taking your comments and sentiments in regards to our products and services into consideration. @Guy_ Thanks for your input! 

Even though I truly appreciate you took the time to come here and express your feelings towards your experience with your Versa 3 and also want to find a resolution to your issue, my best advice is to keep the conversation with our Support Team. Note for this kind of inquiries/cases/process, there's not so much we here in the forums can do for you as this is something that our team handles based on our policies. 

As you were informed, your case was forwarded to our 
higher tier of support for further checking. Someone will be in contact with you soon as they have the resolution for your Versa 3. Stay tuned to your inbox!

I hope we solve your issue soon. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your advice 

been a week since I sent them the info and no reply, guess it’s likely I won’t hear back. A shame as have been a Fitbit fan forever and haven’t found their service to ever be like this in times past. Usually super prompt.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa 3 has done exactly the same thing. Mine got all sweaty underneath, so I took it off and washed it. It was only washed under warm tap water.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Lellyp - unfortunately that's all it takes for water to get in.

It's just possible that drying it in a bag of rice for a week before charging it might work if the damage is not too severe, though the battery life might last very long.

If when you do charge it make sure it doesn't get hot , if so stop immediately.

But if it is under warranty get it replaced.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply. I was told to send my Fitbit back for assessment, but supplied a link for the address that just took me to a sales force page requiring login. I’ve reached out to support 3 times now simply asking for the address so I can get the Fitbit sent. Each time I’m told it goes to the escalation team but still no reply. 10 days just for a response and a reply on what address to send the Fitbit back to seems very unlike the service I’ve experienced previously. Could someone please review my case and just answer my queries with a postal address??

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m sorry to hear this and hope you’ve had some help from the support team when you reached out? @Guy_ Thanks for the info you have shared. Still waiting just for a returns address for my Fitbit to be returned to. 

Best Answer
0 Votes