Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 won't latch properly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey there Fitbit peepz,
Ever since my Fitbit Versa 3 got involved in a little faceplant on an asphalt surface, the lock hasn't been working properly. The wristband is fine and so is the display. It's that little plastic bit you're supposed to flick to open and close the lock that seems to be the problem. On the bottom it snaps back into place like it's supposed to. But the upper lock got damaged and doesn't snap back into place. Due to this the band can't stay into place and i can't wear my Fitbit anymore. Is there anybody who has any idea how this can be fixed at all. I'm kind of at a loss for solutions, since the problem is so awfully specific.
Kind regards,
Flip

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @pdelsing  as long as the Versa 3 still works, there is a way for you to fix it. Go to Amazon and search for a "protective cover band for Versa 3" and see what's out there. They make bands that fully encompass the pebble portion of the Fitbit so you can still wear it when those little tabs get broken. See if you can find something that will work for you. Most of the bands are under $20

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Wow @Odyssey13, i couldn't have dreamed up a solution as easy and affordable as that if i tried!! Just ordered one of those armored wrist bands. Can't wait to start using my Fitbit again, thank you very much. You sure live up to that Community Legend status!
Cheers.

Best Answer

@pdelsing be sure to return and let everyone know how it works for you. It's a good solution in order to keep using an otherwise working device.

Best Answer

@pdelsing or @@Odysset13 any links to straps that don't need to use that locking mechanism? Need to get one too 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Didn't tag properly @Odyssey13 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SilverStoneBBQ  there are several different ones on Amazon, but here is one with pictures to show you. click to view

Best Answer