Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 workout pauses itself

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Guys,

I recently switched from Versa 2 to Versa 3. The main exercise I do is boxing the exercise setting on Fitbit i used for it is "Kickboxing". I had no problems at all on Versa 2.

Now often at the end of a workout I look at my fitbit to end routine, its sometimes paused and when I sync it. Its displaying:

15min fat burn

59 min below zones.

Only 13mins exercise

Only 82 calories burned

This is despite training for over an hour and previously it would be easily 500 calories burned etc.

I am not sure if my boxing gloves are pausing the workout, but it never used to happen on the Versa2, surely this is a bit of a flaw if its too sensitive? Its hugely frustrating.

I'm hoping maybe its a setting ive got wrong somewhere? Any help appreciated.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hey @JScouser2002! Thanks for sharing the details about the issue with your Versa 3, I understand how frustrating this can be. 

Note that you might unintentionally press the button on your Versa 3 when you bend your wrist. This may happen during activities such as a workout that require you to move your wrist a lot.

With that being said, please try wearing your watch higher on your wrist to avoid hitting the button. For tips on how to wear your watch, see How do I wear my Fitbit device?

Let me know if you have any questions present. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this a massive flaw in the product then? Some workouts easily trigger the "pause" button on Versa3, whilst the same workouts never for the Versa2.

Shouldnt it have some sort of "lock" mode/setting, something that disables the pausing until X time when set?

Best Answer

@JScouser2002 I understand where your concern is coming from. 

Please note there's no a "Lock" setting on Versa 3. To avoid this from happening, please be advised to try wearing your watch higher on your wrist to avoid hitting the button. For tips on how to wear your watch, see How do I wear my Fitbit device?

Have a nice day!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for reply.

I wear it where watches are meant to be worn. It makes no sense to now have it in an abnormal position on my arm, instead of my wrist.

Disappointing. Clearly a flaw.

Best Answer

Definitely a flaw.

It'd be so easy to integrate this feature. It just needs to be "hold to pause". Give an option for different hold times ie. 1sec, 2 sec, 3 sec.

Wearing the device further up the arm is not where it is designed doesn't fix the problem, I still find the glove needs to go over the watch and it still pauses my workout. I'm gonna try switching to my right wrist which is a cardinal sin but I reckon it'll be less likely to hit the sensor and pause. 

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem. Has anybody tried putting a cover over it to make the screen less sensitive?  That was my next idea, but I’m going to try moving it to my right arm first! 

Best Answer