Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa - Bluetooth Disconnects

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So, after talking to Fitbit tech support, I went ahead and got a Versa.  Tech Support said that it is compatible and notifications would work with my Nokia Lumia 1520 Windows Phone.  First one I got got stuck during an update on the device (returned it).  Second one seemed to install correctly and completely (maybe), but the mobile app got "stuck."  The device seems to work except... The device and phone are only connected via Bluetooth when the mobile app is running. 

I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the app stalling and maybe there is another update not installed?  Is there any way to force an update?  Maybe it would solve the Bluetooth connectivity issue?

Not being constantly connected would not be an issue if weren't for without that connection, notifications from my phone cannot appear on the Versa. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@GregLew Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I hope you're doing well! You will need to have the Fitbit app running as the app is the one that manages the connection between your phone and the Versa. You can keep it running in the background, this way your Versa should sync periodically (if you have the All day sync option enabled on the app). If you are referring to something else then please let me know.

I look forward to your reply!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I raised this question thinking that lack of Bluetooth connectivity may be the reason I wasn't receiving notifications on my Versa.  I was told they should work with my phone (ref: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Windows-10-App/Fitbit-Compatibility-With-Windows-Phone/m-p/2723452#M...), but they weren't.

I tried enabling the mobile app to run in the background.  This kept the device connected to my phone.  However, it did NOT solve the problem with lack of notifications (phone, text, etc.) 

So, yes, that solves the connectivity issue.  But, I got to thinking... Why bother?  Getting notifications doesn't work, so, why ensure constant connection?  They seem to connect periodically on their own for whatever reason.  So, I disable running in background. 

This device is so disappointing.  So far, the Versa has a lot of "fluff" stuff that is nice to have.  But, I feel I've taken steps backwards from my Microsoft Band.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problems and nothing worked till I reinstalled the app and lost all my data. 

I just now turned off my blue tooth for awhile and restarted my phone. A message about a bluetooth problem came up on the fitbit app and then it was able to sync the data I thought I'd lost. Hope this works next time too, at least till I get a new fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes