Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Can't Find WiFi network

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just received my Versa.  I have tried several times to set it up on the WiFi network.  I get the message:

Versa was not able to find any WiFi networks, please make sure to keep the device within range of your wireless router.

That is fine except for the fact that I am seated at my desk and the router is on my desk.  I have tried doing this several times and keep getting this message and so I can't do anything since I can't add the Versa to my WiFi network.  What am I missing?  (I have other things - like my phone - attached to the network so it sin't the network).  I try to add it and after getting the message above I can't a message. "Can't Find Device.  We're unable to connect to your Versa."

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Solved by restarting the Versa.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

Solved by restarting the Versa.

Best Answer

how do you restart the versa?

Best Answer

@Betsy79 Settings.... About... Shutdown...

Best Answer

This didn't work for me.

Best Answer

This doesn't work for me either. 

Best Answer

Hi everyone!

I hope you are doing fine, thanks for troubleshooting this by yourselves. It's great to see here that for some of you this issue has been resolved, for the ones that keep experiencing this, I recommend taking a look at the help article Why won't my Fitbit watch connect to Wi-Fi? and follow the instructions provide there.

And regarding your inquiry, to restart your Versa you need to do the following:

1. Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

This worked for me. Thank you.

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @woywoybob.

I am glad to hear that the instructions provided worked for you and that your watch is now working. If there is anything else we can do for you, do not hesitate to post it.

Keep the stepping up! Smiley Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've reset from both the Fitbit watch's "about" section and with the back button and bottom button pressed. I've read the article you sent a link to and done all those steps too. We have a WPA2 WIFI security type. It's a brand new fast router, we had trouble getting a laptop to recognize the WIFI until we bought dongle for it that talks to the router and now has no problems with the WIFI. Thank you so much for any help you have.

Best Answer

Same issue. I went to Best buy and geek squad told me to keep exchanging the watch till I find one that works properly. I've restarted my laptop, phone and watch, I've unpaired and paired all devices, I shut off bluetooth. Versa will not find connections and won't pair with deezer, keeps making me put in activation codes although the deezer app says successful. The Fitbit app does not....  should I just keep exchanging watche? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just to note Fitbit products do not support a 5Ghz Wifi network, your network needs to be set to 2.4Ghz for it to successfully find and connect so check and make sure your network is set to 2.4 or dual mode a lot of modern routers these days are 5Ghz

Best Answer
0 Votes

Every time I leave the house, the Fitbit cannot find the WiFi when I return. This has happened every time at my own home and all weekend when I visited my son. This leads me to believe that it is the watch, not the router. I have now restarted the watch countless times. It does find the router after I follow the restart directions but this is becoming very annoying. Should I return it?

Best Answer

Hello, I am not able to connect versa to my Wi-Fi. I tried all possible solutions. Please let me know if any customer care number. Thanks.

Best Answer

Having the same issue - Previous fitbits connected without problems.. But my New Versa just wont Connect.. Tried all suggested solutions online, factory reset, uninstalling app and so on. Both phone and the computer app I tried seems to have difficulties connecting to Bluetooth as well. Stops during "pairing Your Device". This is driving me crazy.. At some point I got as far as downloading updates - but it stalled and failed.. There is no wifi or internet problems on other Devices. My previous Versa Connected With no problem and my wife's Versa Connects fine.. Guess I have to Return it.. Anyone found a miracle solution?

Solution: back to the dealer (Elkjop in Norway) who tried setup With no Luck - They gave me a New one that worked Perfect. Dealer (and Fitbit) always have excellent customer care in my experience. 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Same issue ... failed to sync .... failed to find WiFi

No other products are having issues... should I just return it and get an iWatch?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Worked for me too.  Thanks 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

I started having this issue after the last update. I have restarted, uninstalled, reinstalled. Deleted the versa on the app & deleted the app with reinstalling everything. Still having the same issue. It won’t find wifi & won’t sync stating unable to locate device.  Very frustrated. Still can’t add or change or delete any music either. Very very frustrated!

Best Answer

Did you get this resolved and if so, how?

Best Answer
0 Votes

No. I still have to restart my versa every time  to get it to sink. Annoying.

Best Answer
0 Votes