Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Cracked Screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just received my Versa and love it! But after wearing it less than 5 full days I see a crack in the left upper corner. I’ve contacted Fitbit and the reply was the screen isn’t covered under warranty. IT’S BRAND NEW! I did not do anything different with this then I’ve ever done with my Alta HR or Blaze...just normal wear. I’m so disappointed Fitbit isn’t standing by their product! I was going between this and the Apple Watch, but have loved my Fitbits. I’m so upset I’m thinking of jumping off the Fitbit ship. 

Best Answer
293 REPLIES 293
I wish I had good news 😔 several phone calls but am now going to write a letter to nearest Head office, which is Dublin for me.

I have swum and showered with it on and no water has got in that I can tell. At least that’s something.

Will let you know how I get on with the letter. Not holding my breath!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes they do - I ordered my Versa the day it came out and I ordered a glass screen protector the same day - it has been on since day one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Totally agree with you. I will never purchase directly from Fitbit again. I'm still stuck with a paper weight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine had a screen protector on it, but it didn't matter. Cracked anyway.

Best Answer

That's great! I have the same problem as you. I've had my Versa for 2 days and there's a small crack in the top left corner. I called Fitbit and they said "cosmetic damage is not covered under the warranty" so they can't offer me a replacement or a discount, nothing. Any advice? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I brought mine back to Kohl's where I purchased it... fitbit is a crappy
company.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry to hear that. I wrote to the Irish office (nearest to me) but no response yet. Not holding my breath. Only consolation is that everything still works including swim functionality. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

How long did you have yours before you returned it to Kohls?  I purchased mine through Kohls as well, but because it was over 30 days ago I was afraid they wouldn't take it back.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Only a week... but Kohl's is really good with returns and customer service!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have to say that Kohls is normally very good with returns, but unfortunately when it comes to electronics they have a 30 day window for returns, and I was about two weeks past that 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your correct, it's not any less fragile but at least you can take the other devices some where to be fixed. I truly don't believe any of us are asking for a free Versa, just a way to keep the one we already invested in. I'm so thankful you've had no issues with yours and haven't wasted $200. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree. However. I haven't gotten any recommendations from Fitbit. Mine had a screen protector on it and still cracked. I'm at a loss for what to do.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit has an optional 2 year protection plan from square trade that covers screen damage. Looks like the HSN one is cheaper though. 

Best Answer
I agree! Good luck! Not a very good company!
Best Answer
0 Votes

You have a month to return it

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nope, that's not what I was told by fitbit. Kohls took it back but fitbit
were a'holes about it. It was only 5 days.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you saying you bought it at Kohls and tried to return it to Fitbit and got a hard time? 

@clhawkins63 wrote:
Nope, that's not what I was told by fitbit. Kohls took it back but fitbit
were a'holes about it. It was only 5 days.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It's an official fitbit... fitbit makes it, they should stand behind it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@clhawkins63 wrote:
It's an official fitbit... fitbit makes it, they should stand behind it.

By giving you a refund while Kohls keeps your money?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Kohls pays fitbit for their products to sell, they don't get them for
free. It's a wash and kohls did the right thing. Fitbit is a crappy
company. They don't stand behind their products that break easily. Or
offer coverage or protection.
Best Answer
0 Votes