Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Lite SpO2 clock face said "Recording data" then switched to "Couldn't read SpO2"

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I installed this clock face 2 days ago.  It worked great the first night. Now this morning it said "Recording data" for over 30 minutes after waking up, then switched to saying "Couldn't read SpO2".  I hope you fix this glitch quickly.  I really like this clock face.  I see several others are also experiencing this issue.  

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @Sandythegeek2, welcome to the Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear that you're receiving those messages on your SpO2 clock faces after the first night of installation, I understand where your concern is coming from as you're really liking this new clock face. I'll be glad to help you with this. 

To make sure your Fitbit device successfully measures your SpO2 values, keep the following in mind:

• Your device doesn’t retroactively measure your SpO2 values. After you install the clock face, you’ll see dashed lines until after your next sleep session.
  • Charge your Fitbit device to make sure it’s able to collect data throughout your entire sleep session. Note that you may have to charge your Fitbit device more often when using the SpO2 Signature clock face.
  • Your Fitbit device must sync with the Fitbit app before the clock face updates. Note that it may take around an hour for your SpO2 values to appear after you sync your device. For troubleshooting syncing, see Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

For more information about SpO2, see: How do I track blood oxygen saturation (SpO2) with my Fitbit device? 

Let me know if you need further help, I'll be around. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
23 REPLIES 23

Hi there @Sandythegeek2, welcome to the Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear that you're receiving those messages on your SpO2 clock faces after the first night of installation, I understand where your concern is coming from as you're really liking this new clock face. I'll be glad to help you with this. 

To make sure your Fitbit device successfully measures your SpO2 values, keep the following in mind:

• Your device doesn’t retroactively measure your SpO2 values. After you install the clock face, you’ll see dashed lines until after your next sleep session.
  • Charge your Fitbit device to make sure it’s able to collect data throughout your entire sleep session. Note that you may have to charge your Fitbit device more often when using the SpO2 Signature clock face.
  • Your Fitbit device must sync with the Fitbit app before the clock face updates. Note that it may take around an hour for your SpO2 values to appear after you sync your device. For troubleshooting syncing, see Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

For more information about SpO2, see: How do I track blood oxygen saturation (SpO2) with my Fitbit device? 

Let me know if you need further help, I'll be around. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello MarreFitbit, I've done everything suggested and still same issue.  I synced my fitbit app 1 hour 20 minutes ago and it still says recording. I know it will error out again as it always does when it takes this long.  My fitbit watch was fully charged last night.   I checked my sleep data on Fitbit app and it shows that I slept several hours.  I even restarted my Fitbit watch last night before bed.   My watch is snug but not cutting off bloodflow.   My watch is one finger above my wrist bone or bend.  

Best Answer

Update...  it finally gave me data 3 hours after I woke up.  It said average 93%.  Maybe I just need to be patient and let it do it's processing. 

Best Answer

Mine still hasn't updated after 2 sleep cycles.  All I get is couldn't read spO2.  Everything else records property.

Best Answer

Hello MarreFitbi

Interesting to read these posts.  I live in Australia and it appears that it is not available here.  If you have any information, or can get any information, on when it will be available here I would be most grateful.

regards, CBV2

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have same problem and its been installed for over 2 weeks 

Best Answer

Update again....   it didn't work yesterday again.  I'm so tired of this watch clock face not working as designed.  It shouldn't be failing 90% of the time.  They need to fix it.  Many people have problems with it.  Ugh 

Best Answer

FYI to everyone that has had issues with this clock face, I just received an update for the Fitbit app in the Play store.  I was told by support that they updated the app and I'm hoping it fixed this glitch.  I will test it out again tonight.  

Best Answer

Is that going to fix the severe battery drain also. I used to get 2.5 days out of my Ionic. I now get 1.5. This is not acceptable. I got the watch mostly for SPO2 after a bout of pneumonia and need it to monitor my health. I need something reliable with decent battery life.

Best Answer

I don't think it will fix the battery drain issue.  They even state in this clock face info that it will drain the battery faster.  I had 100% charged battery last night right before 9pm and as of 6am this morning I have 90% battery.   I have a Versa Lite.  

Best Answer

Mine was the same as yours until yesterday I went into the clock faces in my Fitbit app, and changed my clock face to a different one, then completely uninstalled the SPo2 Signature clock face,  then rebooted my watch and phone, then went back into the Fitbit app and installed the SPo2 clock face again.   

That worked.   This morning I woke up and synced my Fitbit app on my phone, then left the app alone and within an hour, my clock face showed 92% average results for last night.  

I actually uninstalled it twice yesterday because I fell asleep earlier last night while watching tv and my watch started recording before I went to bed.  The only way to stop that is to uninstall it and reinstall it to start fresh.  It holds onto to files until you uninstall and reboot.  High maintenance clock face.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I was able to upload and use, but just yesterday and this morning the SpO2 on the watch face is saying sleep t update. It worked before. I rebooted and still thing.I changed the face abut a week ago. It showed upon my watch and updated and no problem.I’m in USA  I uninstalled and reinstalled and still no spo2. I also rebooted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has failed much more than it has been successful.   I have received a support ticket for my issues but so far they haven't fixed it.  I suggest that everyone who has issues with this clock face, get a ticket number from support.  If enough users do this, maybe they will fix it.  Ugh.  So frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Honestly, you shouldn’t need a special watch face to read SP02, it should just be an on off decision like heart rate, so if you want longer battery life you can change it.  I have a Garmin tracker also and your SP02 just shows up on the device like hours slept does.  You can also do SP02 reading on the fly during the day.  I’d like to see FitBit go this direction also and just see my SP02 on my watch under “Today”.

Versa 2 / iPhone 8
Best Answer

I completely agree!!!   They need to have it automatic instead of only on a clock face. We all know they have the technology but for some reason they are withholding this feature.  The have EOV so it's reading it.  If they want to compete with other popular smart watches, they need to have this. 

Best Answer

This has now happened to me this morning, first I see a "Recording SP02", then later it said "Couldn't read SP02", yet the estimated O2 in the sleep tile recorded which tells me it must've been recording it all night.  All other health metrics like BR, HRV, Skin Temp and RHR all recorded.

Versa 2 / iPhone 8
Best Answer

Not true..I have tried several clock faces..none that have let my SPO record..Only one that does is the one that displays it (Original/First one)..They will display other health Matrix but not SPO..we need more.  Versa lite is what I have..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got a versa 2 today and one of the main reasons was for the sp02. It won't let me install as says need to be upto date. The fitbit did an update when I installed it and my app is upto date can anyone help please 

Screenshot_20201225-134341.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same, takes around 3-4 days for the firmware to download to your Versa 2, you'll get a notification, and then you'll be able to select it, that said I downloaded the Sp02 and it doesn't work, like so many on here who have experienced the same, just a cheap gimmick to increase sales.

Best Answer