Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S8 bluetooth not recognizing Versa 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Up until 2 days ago my Versa 2 was working fine with my Galaxy S8. My app was telling me it could not sync my device. I have tried all of the troubleshooting steps (force stopping app, uninstalling/reinstalling app, restarting my phone, restarting my fitbit, etc.). I unpaired my phone from fitbit and now when trying to have my phone recognize my fitbit in my phone's bluetooth setting, it cannot find it at all. Tried contacting customer support, but they told me just to use my tablet to sync my device since it was working. This is frustrating cause I use my phone primarily with my fitbit. Ughhhh!

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @ElizabethZ.

Thank you for the information provided and for the time you spent trying to resolve the issue with your Fitbit Versa 2.

If you need further assistance, I would recommend getting in touch with Customer Support once again. You can chat with them online or give them a call. Please click here to get connected. I'm pretty sure they will do their best to provide a high level of support.

See you around.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have also had this problem. I have unpaired my Fitbit, removed and redownload the app, repaired, restarted my phone. I'm really starting to think it's the app, as even the widget hasn't been working properly. I have never had so many issues at once with fitbit!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same! I definitely think it is the fitbit app or my Versa 2, because my phone recognizes other bluetooth devices. It worked for like an hour yesterday on my phone and by the time night came around, my phone couldn't recognize my fitbit again. I'm wondering if there is an update needed for my tracker? I have to most current application software, and my phone doesn't need updated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same with me! I have gone as far as doing a factory reset it works and then
it doesn't! I was talking with someone else, and they have been having the
same problem!
Best Answer

Thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community, @Kstoneham @ElizabethZ.

Currently, the most recent firmware version for the Fitbit Versa 2 is 35.72.1.9. For instructions on how to check your current version please visit this article and open the menu "How do I find the version number for my Fitbit device?".

If you haven't done it already, you can follow these troubleshooting steps to resolve syncing issues.

Whether this doesn't help, you can set up your watch as a replacement device:

1. Tap the Today tab Fitbit logo, and tap your profile picture.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your device and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.

Hope this helps.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I have the most recent update. I have also done all of the
troubleshooting with bluetooth. I have talked to other users who have also
said that they have been having issues with lagging on the app. I'm really
starting to wonder if its the actual device or issues with the app?

I also went as far in the last 24 hours to do a factory reset and that
seemed to help for about 2 min. Now I haven't been able to sync my device
regardless of how many times I turn off my bluetooth, turn it back on,
repair, uninstall the app, reinstall it, and even go as far as signing out
of my account. I think that Fitbit needs to look further into these issues.
Thank you for your help.
Best Answer

I have now just noticed on the device I don't even have a sleep spot when I swipe up!!! How is this possible of according to both my app and device I'm running the correct firmware? I have never had so many problems with the Versa series,  this is the second one I have had in less then 2 years because of warranty! This is 5 days of troubleshooting and not getting anywhere already!!! 

Best Answer

I still have my sleep tile on my watch and app thankfully. I also have the current firmware version, but still no luck with the syncing/ getting my bluetooth to pair. I've followed all the troubleshooting articles I can find with no luck. Very frustrating. I just want my app and fitbit to work together successfully. 

Best Answer
Same! I put my device on the charger, despite it being at 80% and low and
behold it synced over night and now it's not syncing and it's still at
100%.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your comments, @Kstoneham @ElizabethZ.

I noticed that you've been in touch with Customer Support. If after following their instructions you continue having difficulties to sync, I would recommend updating our team in the same case created previously in order to get further assistance. They'll let you know how to proceed.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think I may have figured out my issue, it could either be interference with WIFI or maybe even the USB ports on my computer, becaue I can sync all day when I'm not home. Once I get home, I am unable to sync. I'm not sure why this has happened so suddenly. 

Best Answer

I was able to get it to pair last night, but by morning it wasn't working again. I finally gave in and did a factory reset to my watch, and it seems to be working now with my phone. We shall see how long that lasts. The only problem I'm having now is that I can't get my Spotify to connect. 

Best Answer

Nevermind, reset phone and spotify is connecting now

Best Answer
0 Votes

Turned my phone off to charge for a bit, and now I cannot connect again. Greatttt. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine won't even stay connected anymore. It's been weird all week - I can stay connected at work all day and when I get home within 2 hours it won't connect and starts losing time. Support has basically just told me to get a new fitbit since my warranty is over. Its ridiculous that so many fitbits don't last more than a year or so 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I am having the exact issue.  Were you able to get yours reconnected to your phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, no, I've tried everything from all of the troubleshooting steps to doing a factory reset. It worked a few hours after the factory reset, but by the evening it wasn't working again. My phone finds other bluetooth devices, so I feel like something is going on with my fitbit. I don't know what to do at this point. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got it reconnected - but it won't stay synced, at least not at home it
won't. When I'm at my job it stays synced and within 2 hours after coming
home it doesn't. I'm just going to keep using it as a step counter/to track
my workouts, etc until I can either afford a new tracker or it fixes
itself.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure if it's the Versa or the phone.  I tried to add it to both my husband's Galaxy S8 and mine, neither will find the Versa.  I am going to try customer service today, will let you know if I get any different solutions than you've already received.

Best Answer
0 Votes