Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S8 bluetooth not recognizing Versa 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Up until 2 days ago my Versa 2 was working fine with my Galaxy S8. My app was telling me it could not sync my device. I have tried all of the troubleshooting steps (force stopping app, uninstalling/reinstalling app, restarting my phone, restarting my fitbit, etc.). I unpaired my phone from fitbit and now when trying to have my phone recognize my fitbit in my phone's bluetooth setting, it cannot find it at all. Tried contacting customer support, but they told me just to use my tablet to sync my device since it was working. This is frustrating cause I use my phone primarily with my fitbit. Ughhhh!

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

Let me know if you're able to resolve the issue! Cause I still haven't been able too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine seems to be working off and on with my phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted customer support and they told me a new app update was released yesterday and that it could take a week for everyone to get it. They couldn't help me otherwise. I've read on other threads that people are having problems syncing with fitbit & android devices. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, 

I had the same problem at some point and I unpaired it from my phone and started over and followed all the trouble shooting as well. Nothing worked. I didn't realize in the that I had to unpair it from my Fitbit app as well and technically start all over and set it up as a new device. Hope this helps you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The only time my versa 2 has been syncing is in the evening after I put it
back on the charger! Otherwise it's not keeping up with time and falls back
more than an hour. My bluetooth settings say it is still paired and other
devices can find it!

I'm thinking mine has either lost the ability to stay connected, fitbit has
made it so the s8a aren't compatible anymore or something is wrong with the
app. 4 days ago I was able to sync just fine at my job.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done that multiple times too and it doesn't work. Thanks for the help though!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I really hope that isn't the case, I really like using my phone vs my tablet. And I can't afford a new phone right now! Hopefully the new app update will fix the issue!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm hoping the same thing. I can't afford either a new phone or tracker. So
at this point I'm just not using it as a watch just to track my steps and
workouts. There's others who are also having syncing issues with other
trackers, so I don't think it is just ours.
Best Answer