Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Lite does not sync with phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had consistent issues with the syncing of my Versa Lite since I got it in early August. It is paired with my P20 Pro. No issues on initial install but stopped syncing within the first couple of days of use. When I try to force a sync by swiping down on the home menu of the app, it comes up as "Looking for device" for 5-30 seconds before eventually quitting the attempted sync. When I try a "Sync Now" from the Versa Lite device menu in the app, it also attempts to locate the device for 5-30 seconds before either quitting the attempted sync or returning a pink exclamation mark. 

I have tried the following fixes (including everything in the article "Why won't my Fitbit device sync?":

- Ensured fitbit app is up to date

- Ensured wi-fi/data and bluetooth are connected

- Restarted phone

- Ensured Fitbit app permissions are set for allowing to run in the background and location access

- Removed all other bluetooth paired devices

- Deleted and reinstalled Fitbit app

- Unpaired and re-paired Versa Lite within app

When I have deleted the app and/or unpaired the device and reconnected it, both reconnecting the device and linking with the app take longer than normal (notifications say "Sorry, the setup is taking longer than usual." and then "Linking is taking longer than usual"). When the device has been paired, syncing may be okay for a few days or only a few minutes. I just complete an unpair/pair of the device with the app (no other bluetooth devices paired) and it stopped syncing again within 2 minutes of the device being paired.

I am very disappointed with this fitbit so far! If I can't sync my fitbit data then there is really no sense in having a fitbit!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Contact support: https://help.fitbit.com/?p=versa 

Blaze, Surge, Ionic and Versa1. I am not a FitBit employee.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@RachGull welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm happy to assist you with the syncing issues that your Versa is experiencing. I appreciate the time spent trying all the troubleshooting steps before contacting our forums.

Due to this, I'll send your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

Thank you for your help @GrubbyDuck.

Let me know if any question arises! 😀

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes