Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Lite is adding too many steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My versa light is adding between 9,000 and 20,000 steps between 12 and 1 AM every night.  It also shows me sleeping soundly during that time.   I have tried the turn it off and back on but that didn’t work.  My step count is normal all day and then around 9 pm I check and my steps have at least doubled.  The app shows the steps happen at the same time every night.  It’s really messing with my data.  HELP PLEASE 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

I think I can tell you how to prevent that in the future. On phone app from Today screen, tap battery icon at top left to get to "Connected to Fitbit" screen.  If your phone is listed as a connected device, remove it.  That will have no effect on normal operation.  It is intended to allow you to use your phone to count steps when now wearing fitbit and then get these added there seems to be a bug with this.  Removing phone here has no effect on normal use of phone app with fitbit.

Unless I guess you are taking off your fitbit but carrying your phone sometime during the day for 9,000 to 20,000 steps and then it is adding then just after midnight.  In that case maybe it is acting correctly.  I wear my fitbit all the time so tend to forget about the possibility of people taking their phone with them but not wearing their fitbit for extended periods.

At least that's for the midnight-1 AM steps.  I'm a bit confused about your post.  I guess you are talking about 2 different issues, and I don't know about the pre-9 PM doubling, if this will have any affect on that.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Thanks for the info.   I did get rid of my phone and tonight, so far so good.   
I guess I didn’t explain as good as I thought.  For some reason my Fitbit wasn’t adding the midnight steps to my total until around 9pm, which is even weirder.  
I do wear my Fitbit all the time, but I have been caught with a dead battery in the evening so I put it in the charger for that night and still the next evening those ghost midnight steps show up.   I’m hoping that being as of now it looks okay that deleting my phone solved the issue

Best Answer
0 Votes