Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Lite not receiving text or sms messages.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Versa Lite is paired with my Samsung Galaxy A10 phone, but it does not receive text or sms messages.  I have ticked every box known to man and still nothing.  Please, please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@sweetthing Make sure that Preview of the message is enabled - go to your messaging app settings, and enable Preview on the screen. By default, Samsung phones have it disabled, which means message can't be seen on the phone's screen and Versa cannot read it. Also, make sure the notifications are enabled on the Versa itself - long press the left button to open quick menu - make sure the notifications are set to ON. If the notifications, still do not work, try this:

1. Unpair (remove) Versa from your phone's bluetooth settings
  2. Uninstall the Fitbit mobile app
  3. Reboot your phone and install Fitbit mobile app. Do not pair in phone's Bluetooth settings
  4. Reboot your Versa by pressing and holding the back button until screen goes black
  5. Login to Fitbit mobile app
  6. Grant all permissions and sync
  7. Set up the notifications in the Fitbit mobile app.

The trick here is to not pair in phone Bluetooth settings but rather let the Fitbit mobile app do that.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

@sweetthing Make sure that Preview of the message is enabled - go to your messaging app settings, and enable Preview on the screen. By default, Samsung phones have it disabled, which means message can't be seen on the phone's screen and Versa cannot read it. Also, make sure the notifications are enabled on the Versa itself - long press the left button to open quick menu - make sure the notifications are set to ON. If the notifications, still do not work, try this:

1. Unpair (remove) Versa from your phone's bluetooth settings
  2. Uninstall the Fitbit mobile app
  3. Reboot your phone and install Fitbit mobile app. Do not pair in phone's Bluetooth settings
  4. Reboot your Versa by pressing and holding the back button until screen goes black
  5. Login to Fitbit mobile app
  6. Grant all permissions and sync
  7. Set up the notifications in the Fitbit mobile app.

The trick here is to not pair in phone Bluetooth settings but rather let the Fitbit mobile app do that.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
Hello Marrrmaduke,
Thank you so much for trying to help me.
I have tried each one of your ideas, the first (Preview) the box was already ticked.
The second idea, I followed your advice step by step, it connected with the app and I received a number to type in the phone and ticked everything in the notification boxes, but still it does not receive messages.  I can receive messages from my emails from my computer BUT I do NOT have the email apps on my mobile phone so why or where they are coming from, goodness knows.
I do appreciate your help, but I am tearing my hair out.  Everything works perfectly, I receive and send messages on my Samsung phone no problem, but I never receive Text Messages or WhatsApp messages on my Fitbit Versa Lite smart watch even though it is paired to Bluetooth.  It is driving me crazy. I bought this phone a few days ago and bought the Fitbit Versa last month, I feel like throwing them both in the rubbish bin.
Thank you once again for trying to help.
Best Answer

@sweetthing how do you usually sync your Versa? Using phone or computer? Also, are WhatsApp and text messages app selected in the Fitbit mobile app? Open Fitbit mobile app, tap on your profile picture (top left corner), tap on Versa Lite, scroll down to Notifications, tap on it, tap on text messages and choose your messaging app for text messages. Now go back, and tap on App Notifications. Make sure WhatsApp is selected there. After selecting it, make sure to sync.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you so much BUT, I have followed every single step and still not receiving text messages.  I never use my laptop for pairing anything, I always have Bluetooth turned off and syncing is off as well as I wanted my other laptops to work individually and not have them paired up to sync or Bluetooth. I only use my laptops for emails, searching, and printing off photos I have scanned from my printer.   What I did find when I was following your instructions that Gmail was ticked so I left it ticked, at least I will get some messages from my Gmail, better than nothing at all.

Thank you so very much for trying.

xx

Best Answer
0 Votes

@sweetthing it's obviously not the connection as other notifications (Gmail) are coming. Just to make sure WhatsApp is selected under Apps Notifications as seen below?

Screenshot_20190925-211232.png

Screenshot_20190925-211314.png

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your help, yes, everything is ticked.  I have given it up as a bad job and will just wear the watch as a fitness tracker.
I do appreciate you trying to sort it out for me.
Sheila.x
Best Answer
0 Votes
Dear Marmaduke,
You won't believe this.  As you know for the last two days I have been trying to set up my Fitbit Versa Lite with text and whats app messages.   I paid over £100 for this watch, I followed all your instructions, step by step but it never, ever paired.
In desperation, I sent for a cheap Chinese tracker watch that cost me £11. 99p, it takes messages and Whats App messages, photos, calculator etc. etc. It also takes  a sim card so I can make phone calls (which I won't).  
I have just this minute unpacked it. I did not have to download the App that is connected to this cheap watch, it was fully charged. I just went to my Samsung Galaxy phone, turned on Bluetooth and the make of the watch showed up and connected straight away. It sent all the messages that were on my galaxy phone to the watch and also received another text message a few moments later.
I used all the settings you had given me.
It is absolutely ridiculous that a cheap watch can connect immediately and give me everything I asked for but an expensive Fitbit watch is useless.
I am totally incensed with it. 
Anyway thank you, at least your help sorted everything out for this cheap watch.  I have now ordered two more for our grandchildren.
Regards.
Sheila.xx
Best Answer

@sweetthing really sorry I couldn't be more of a help to you. Whatever works. 🙂 

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

You have been great and have gone over and above to help me fix this darned Versa Lite problem.  At the moment I have put it away and will be taking it back to the sellers next week.  It is over a month since I purchased it so I will let them try and sort it out because at the moment, it is the most expensive exercise watch on the market if it can't do the things it is supposed to do.

Best Answer

Not sure why Fitbit can't get the text notifications to work reliably on the Versa the past couple of years.  I have had 2 Versa's and now a Versa 2 - all had this issue even with my diff phones.  I had a Samsung Galaxy watch and never had this issue.  This Versa 2 was the last chance I was giving Fitbit and it has failed.  Looks like my time with Fitbit has come to an end as I will request an RMA on this in the morning. 

Support makes you go through all these steps when they know something in the app or last firmware update is broken and it will do no good regardless.  The issue is on Fitbits end, always has been and not ours.

Best Answer
Hello,
I have searched the web for answers and you would be surprised just how many people are having the same problem.  I just bought two cheap Chinese smart watches  and another one coming next week and they paired immediately, with Messages and What's app.  
It is disgusting the price they charge for something that does not work. I am taking it back to the store next week, I have only had it for about 5 weeks. As far as I am concerned, FitBit can stick it's watches where the sun don't shine.
Best Answer

Did not work for me

Best Answer

I've been having the exact same problem. Everything has been removed and reinstalled as if it were a new phone. Nothing worked. All of my notifications come through except text messages. They worked great until I allowed an update on my watch recently. Any suggestions? I followed every one of your suggestions to the letter even after I had already done them myself. 

Best Answer

I am exactly the same. For weeks now my fitbit versa lite won't accept text messages although it has worked perfectly for the past 7 months. I get phone call notifications, email, WhatsApp and Facebook messenger but no matter what I do I cannot get text messages to come through and I have spend hours on it. Fitbit, can you please explain to us all why this is happening? It is your device so you must have some idea how to fix it. If not, can I have a replacement or refund as I have had it less than a year??

Best Answer

I'm in the same situation. Tried everything possible numerous times over the past several weeks and still no luck with receiving text notifications on my S10. I'm really sick and tired of this as it wasn't an issue on my S8. I would like to know if I can get my money back. I just bought this Fitbit versa lite last August. This is really ridiculous and so incredibly disappointing. 

Best Answer

Ironically I have been  trying for weeks to figure out how to get it to work and I had to disabled the Preview Text Mesaage notifications through my S10 text message settings in order to receive the messages on my Fitbit. It's a huge pain but it finally worked. It just doesn'tshow who messaged you. It would be nice if it would actually allow it to show preview like it had before.nitt that's as much luck as I've had. 

Best Answer

I'm in the same boat as all of you. Unfortunately since it's been over a month and fitbit seemingly does NOT care to fix the issue I'll be moving on to a galaxy watch. While they are more expensive at least their products work, their customer service is WAY better and you dont have to worry any time there is an update. It seems there are major issues with every update Fitbit has. Extremely disappointed I didnt just spend the money on a galaxy watch to begin with.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hear you on that. I'm not sure what kind of Samsung phone you have, bu . My S10, I ended up turning off the preview text message thing and for some ungodly reason that worked and I can get the text notifications on my Fitbit. However I now can't see who they are from or any preview of the message. It is absolutely ridiculous! If you do get the Samsung watch, let me know how you like it! I will likely be heading down that road too. 

Best Answer

These steps did NOT work for me.  I accidentally clicked on the check mark under the instructions.  That was an error.

Best Answer
0 Votes