Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Lite stopped working after a Factory Reset

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my fit bit for over a year and I wanted to factory reset it because I wasn’t getting correct information from it. When I did that it would not let me start up my Fitbit. It keeps saying I have updates and all I’ve been doing is updating it. What do i do now? When I try to update it, it won’t let me and it’s frustrating. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @Sabryna, welcome to the Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear about the recent issues you've been having with your Versa Lite. Thanks for the details provided in your post and for your efforts in trying to fix the issues prior to posting here. Nice way to go! 

Please note that this kind of trouble usually happens when you performed a factory reset without before unpairing the device. Usually you should unpair your smartwatch from the Fitbit account and phone's Bluetooth settings and perform the factory reset. In order for me to better assist you with this, please confirm that you've followed the steps below:

• Remove your Versa Lite from your Fitbit account and unpair it from your phone's Bluetooth.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off the Bluetooth.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth.
  • Setup your Versa Lite again.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Versa Lite.

If you can't get started with your Versa, usually a missing requirement is the cause. Carefully review the requirements provided in the help article: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? 

In regards to the version installed on your Versa note that your watch must be updated to the latest Fitbit OS 4.1.3 (32.70.8.0) and the Fitbit app on your phone to 3.26.1. May I know what is the version currently installed on your watch? You can find by going on your Versa, in the Settings app About or Device Info.

Make sure to check them out and let me know if the issue persists. If such is the case, my best recommendation will be to get in touch directly with our Technical Customer Support department here. I would also contact them on your behalf if necessary, just mention me and I'll move forward with the request.

I'm looking forward to your response, keep me posted. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there @Sabryna, welcome to the Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear about the recent issues you've been having with your Versa Lite. Thanks for the details provided in your post and for your efforts in trying to fix the issues prior to posting here. Nice way to go! 

Please note that this kind of trouble usually happens when you performed a factory reset without before unpairing the device. Usually you should unpair your smartwatch from the Fitbit account and phone's Bluetooth settings and perform the factory reset. In order for me to better assist you with this, please confirm that you've followed the steps below:

• Remove your Versa Lite from your Fitbit account and unpair it from your phone's Bluetooth.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off the Bluetooth.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth.
  • Setup your Versa Lite again.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Versa Lite.

If you can't get started with your Versa, usually a missing requirement is the cause. Carefully review the requirements provided in the help article: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? 

In regards to the version installed on your Versa note that your watch must be updated to the latest Fitbit OS 4.1.3 (32.70.8.0) and the Fitbit app on your phone to 3.26.1. May I know what is the version currently installed on your watch? You can find by going on your Versa, in the Settings app About or Device Info.

Make sure to check them out and let me know if the issue persists. If such is the case, my best recommendation will be to get in touch directly with our Technical Customer Support department here. I would also contact them on your behalf if necessary, just mention me and I'll move forward with the request.

I'm looking forward to your response, keep me posted. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I factory reset my Versa lite fit bit and lost all my apps and info. I do not understand how to fix this mess. Help!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes