Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won't sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

There have always been issues with syncing but I have been trying all day and it won't sync. Tried the usual switching off the phone which usually works but not today. 

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Hi @LRevelo 

I'm sorry you are having an issue with syncing. Have you trying doing a restart on your Versa? If you haven't I'd suggest that next and also make sure you don't have any updates pending on your mobile and your Fitbit. If a restart doesn't work, then a factory reset would be the next thing to try. You can find instruction HERE. I hope that helps.

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer

This has been a problem for me for two days, since I charged my fitbit on Sunday Aug. 30th.  My fitbit is also stuck at 1 1/2 days behind, I've shut down my fitbit twice, changed clock faces and added different notifications to try getting it to "catch up".

Best Answer
0 Votes
Many thanks, not sure how you restart it?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Taylormaee 

I'm sorry to hear you having an issue. It sounds like a factory reset is the next step for you. The instruction can be found HERE

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer
Which means losing all my data, how is that an option? I have been having
issues since the latest update.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LRevelo 

You can find instructions HERE. If you need to do a factory reset, you can do that by going to Settings (gear symbol) icon on your Versa, scroll to the bottom, select About and scroll to the bottom, there you will see Factory Reset as an option. 

Good luck!

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer

@LRevelo 

Factory reset doesn't mean losing your data. It just means you need to set up your device again. Just make sure to sync before you do the reset and your data will saved to your profile and can be viewed on the mobile app in the Today screen, just like it always is. 

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer

My Versa 2 won't sync either after charge. It is stuck on wrong time and won't sync. I've tried everything except factory reset .I think fitbit does this on purpose do we buy new fitbits.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am having trouble with syncing and find that my version of the Fitbit app doesn't have the option of all day sync. 

I have version 3.28 (20243521) and my phone is a Samsung A3 with Android 7.0. My watch is a Versa lite, and I have the latest software update.

I require this function for the Glance app and watchface to monitor type 1 diabetes.

Looking forward to hear from anyone who can help.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I did a Fitbit restart and this has worked, for now anyway! Always had sync
problems. Very frustrating.
Best Answer
0 Votes

That’s funny - do a factory reset to get sync working but do a sync first -HaHa

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner 

I have asked a Fitbit Moderator to jump in and help resolve this problem. 

Thanks for your patience.

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, nice to see you all here! Thank you for your efforts.

Just to clarify, the All day Sync option that was on the Android Fitbit app, has been removed since a few app updates ago. 

@MarciM , thank you for your help, we really appreciate it. 

@SunsetRunner , thank you for the information about your devices and apps. Please go to the settings of your A3. Settings>Apps>Fitbit App. Clear the Cache of the Fitbit app. 

Then follow the instructions described below. 

To everyone else, could you please confirm the mobile device you are using as well as the Operation System version ? So that I can provide  more detailed instructions for each one of you. 

In the meantime please follow these steps. Some of them you already might have performed, but the order is very important. 

Please check that the energy saving mode and the do not disturb option (mute) are switched off on the mobile phone.

Also make sure that no other Bluetooth device is connected to the mobile phone or nearby. (Headphones, keyboards, etc.)

- Please verify that you all have the latest app update installed.

- For those using Android: please clear the cache of the app as described above to geordie613.

For those using iOS. Turn the mobile device off and on again. 

- Restart your watch How do I restart my Fitbit device?

- On the mobile device go to the bluetooth menu and unpair/delete/remove all the connections between the watch and the mobile device.

- Restart the phone (off/on)

- Open the Fitbit app and try to setup the watch as a new device. 

Let me know how it goes. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer