Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Side button doesn't work

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa’s main large side button stopped working a few weeks ago, and I have yet to be able to fix it or figure out what caused it. I can push the button but nothing happens, and there is a small red line on the side of the screen with the button. This is a problem because my Versa has been stuck on the music operating function for a few days now and since the back button isn’t functioning I can’t get back to my display screen. 

I’ve had my Versa for about 2 years now and I’ve been very careful never to get it near any water or liquids even thought it ways it’s water resistant. Please help me figure out what could be wrong so I can try and fix it!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi, the side button has stopped working. I bought the watch about 5 months ago.

It’s seems like the button is stuck and the watch doesn’t respond when pressing it. I have read other posts regarding the same issue and i have tested every suggested fix, but nothing seems to work.

This issue seems quite common, does the warranty cover this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has been an existing problem for a while which, after checking the community forums, I tried to solve myself. I've used canned air to try and release any possible trapped dirt behind the buttons to no avail. 
To be honest I'm not sure that's the issue though as, when I try and press the buttons, it's like they've seized up as when I press the buttons they don't seem to go in, regardless of how much force I exert. 

The watch itself is working fine, and all functions not attached to the buttons work perfectly. 

However, there has been times where I've scrolled over to the alarm screen, forgetting that I can't use the buttons to go back, and instead have to wait for the battery to die before using the watch again. 

On top of that, I would like to start using my alarm function again on the watch as, being hard of hearing, the vibrating function tends to work better than my audio alternatives. 

I hope I've given an in depth account of the issue and any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated. 
Software-wise, the watch is up to date as I updated it just today. 

Thanks for any help in advance,

Chris

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I push the button nothing happens. While on charging clip I can resync it from my phone and it lights up and shows me time and that I have 100% charged battery but does nothing when I push button on side.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. I'm glad to see you here in the forums and I'm sorry for the delay.

Thanks for letting me know that the side button isn't working on your watches, as well for the steps tried prior posting. I see where you're coming from about this experience as your watches should be working well, let me give you a hand with this situation. To look into this may I know if feel a vibration when pressing the side button? Does you feel the button stuck on your watch when pressing it? Since your posts didn't mention, I'd recommend to try restarting your watches as described here.

By the way, I’ve moved your posts to this new thread so we can keep our forums organized and on-topic.

Let me know the outcome.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lizzy.

The retailer took the watch back at once. No questions asked.

I was offered a new one but I chose to change to Ionic instead so i could get built in GPS tracking.

So i am satisfied and happy!
When pressing the button there was no "click" and it felt numb/stuck, almost like there was something preventing the button. The watch didn´t respond at all when pressing it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner. Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for keeping me posted. I'm glad that you were able to return your watch and get an Ionic. I hope you continue enjoying the experience and you can always reply back if you have any other question.

By the way, if you have some spare time, I’d like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can make new friends, create topics and find great tips to reach your fitness goals.

See you around!

Best Answer
0 Votes