Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Lite won’t receive text notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Had a Versa Lite for christmas, I’ve managed to get all notifications to come through the watch except text messages. Followed all the steps and been unsuccessful 

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

@Svc95, welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm happy to assist you with your Fitbit Versa Lite since it won't receive text notifications. By the way, thank you for troubleshooting this issue before contacting our forums.

I would like to know what is the brand and model of your phone. Also, I would like to know what troubleshooting steps you have tried so I can avoid providing the same info and assist you accordingly.

Looking forward to your response.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

iPhone 6s won’t receive text messages. Check all notifications and blue tooth options that were online 

Best Answer

We are having this problem to and we have iPhone 8.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. Calls come but not messages. I have an iPhone SE running on iOS 13.1.1

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an 11 and can’t get text either. I’ve tried all the troubleshooting suggestions I can find. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello , 

I have the same issue and I have an IPhone XR . I get the calls but not text message and I updated my phone to IOS 13.3z . Thank you . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi go to notifications, then messages scroll down to badges and turn it off then messages should work on Fitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Versa lite and an LG thin7.  I am paired, get calls but not messages or other notifications.  It says all caught up even though I've tried sending from another phone to test and nothing happens.  I've tried everything I've found online. HELP.  I'd hate to return the watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi go into notifications then messages go down to badges and turn it off
see if that helps
Best Answer
0 Votes

which notification location do I need to go into to see badges? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go to notifications then in notifications scroll down to messages and in messages you will see badges turn that off see if that helps 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks I was able to contact fitbit amd they said they,are having issues
and will be rolling out an update in a couple of weeks THAT MAY fix the
issue so I exchanged hoping a better levelmay actually work
Best Answer
0 Votes

FItbit had to be replaced, the original one never worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an iPhone 7 Plus.  I have tried all of the trouble shooting suggestions and still am unable to get text notifications.  I get email and calendar notifications but NO text!!!  I will appreciate any suggestions you can offer!  

Jan
Best Answer
0 Votes

My husband gave me his versa fit bit. Have been trying to connect. I downloaded app..i signed in with my email account and the versa does not want to sync. But it vibrates when i get messages. What can i do?

Best Answer
0 Votes
So I have an iPhone ...
I was able to get mine to work by removing the Bluetooth connection, re connecting it, (and allowing the connect? Feature I think? It’s right there in thebluetooth settings :))
Then, go to settings >notifications > messages > allow notifications needs to be on AND the “show previews when unlocked” needs to be on.

Good luck

Aliah Bills
Best Answer
0 Votes

Samsung 10.phone..always did receive texts til after the newest update then after a couple of days they just quit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Uninstalled the app

Turned off bluetooth

Turned off my phone

Started them back up

Restarted my versa lite

Still no texts

Best Answer
0 Votes