Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Lite won’t update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I purchased the versa lite yesterday. 
for the last 24 hours I have been trying to set this up. It keeps saying I need to update before I can use. It’s been updating for so long and still nothing. Just stuck loading at 100% and the Fitbit screen still says download fitbit app to get started. I’ve deleted the app, reconnected Bluetooth, checked wifi, turned fitbit off and on. Super frustrating! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @SunsetRunner.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing the details of the issue you're experiencing with updating your new Versa Lite. Thank you for your troubleshooting efforts, I understand how frustrating this is for you. I would like to confirm if you've tried the complete troubleshooting steps from this help article and if you continue experiencing this issue. 

Please keep me posted, I'll be around. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner , did you put your Versa in the charger and connected to your PC when setting up? If not,

1. Put your Versa in the charger and connect it to your PC.

2. Go to the Fitbit app on your mobile device and see if there is Versa present in your Fitbit app

3. If yes, ignore that and press "add new device" and choose your Versa.

4. If everything goes well, it will ask you to replace the current device and press YES.

5. Fitbit will start searching for your device and once found, shows on your watch a 4 digit number. Enter that into the Fitbit app and it will start installing.

6. When installing has started and you come to the WiFi settings, install this immediately, cause installing Fitbit OS on your watch is far much faster than over BT, Erik

Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner, it's nice to see you again in our Community Forums.

Thank you for sharing the troubleshooting instructions, I am sure other users will find them useful. I really appreciate your time and efforts to help. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Keep on visiting the forums!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer