Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Lite won't work after a factory reset

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I reset to factory settings and will not finish, update or anything. It’s basically useless. Any ideas? I’m ready to return it to its maker. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
100 REPLIES 100

Mine doesn’t either

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is no app for my Apple computer or iMac how do you get the app?

Update:

I’ve talked to the several times and they haven’t said they will send a new one

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just put mine on charger connected usb to smart tv and followed instructions thro the fone appSent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
It should come up replace versa,go yesSent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I actually ended up contacting fitbit who sent me a new one
Best Answer
0 Votes
Connected it to computor to resolve
Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally had to connect to my Apple laptop and it is working now.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to have a friend use a desktop to reinstall then i could update a few days later again 9n my phone 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
The company replaced mine. There was no pin on mine to push, not sure
about the newer versions.
Best Answer
0 Votes

They are sending me a replacement

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your help! So far it is working on my phone! The download isn't complete but at least it is started!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, thanks for your participation in the Community.

Thanks to all for the efforts to resolve the issue with your Versa Lite devices, sharing the solutions and tips to help other users. I understand that this can be very frustrating and appreciate your feedback. I am glad to hear that some of you were able to resolve the issue and have been in touch with our Support team. If you continue experiencing difficulties with updating your Versa Lite, I recommend following the instructions in this help article: Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem after getting a new phone. Hit the factory reset and now the Fitbit Versa Lite is completely dead. Will not turn on, will not charge, just a blank black screen. And no; holding the button on the side does not reboot the watch, all it does is make you feel stupid for thinking it was going to work in the first place.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @JaredL.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue with your watch.

I understand how you are feeling and appreciate your efforts and the additional details. I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting a reply soon. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine still will not reset via PC, iPad or Android. Very frustrating. Any tips? I've tried all sorts. Do I need to buy a replacement? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Monk3yBrain.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue with your watch. I totally understand how you are feeling. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts and understand your concern. Since the steps you tried didn't work, I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting a reply soon. 

You can take a look at this page for more information about the warranty policy.

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too,  at first my battery ran low so my time was totally incorrect. There's no options on the FitBit to set the time - that's obviously ridiculous that they didn't implement that on FitBit Versa Lite.  So, I did the "reset to factory setting" option - and Lord have mercy I've been trying to get my FitBit Versa Lite to go back to normal since Sunday July 19, 2020 til now Monday 20, 2020.........A whole 24 hours as past..And ALL I keep getting is the error message stating "UPDATE FAIL, try again"  -FYI: both my cell battery and FitBit battery is full, so what's the problem FitBit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @FedUpNow2020.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing the details of the issue with your watch. I am sorry that you are going through this situation, I totally understand how you are feeling and I am here to help. Upon checking with our Support team, I was told that you have already contacted them. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide a solution. I recommend to continue working with them since they have already all the details and special tools to continue assisting you.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you I'll reach out to them in the morning.
Best Answer

Hi @FedUpNow2020, thank you for your reply.

I appreciate efforts and hope the issue is resolved soon so you can continue enjoying the Fitbit experience. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, make new friends and create new topics.

Keep on visiting the forums!

Best Answer
0 Votes